• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

Math Jreeds 1284

Smash Cadet
Welp, that 'leak's' link ain't working now....never got the chance to see it, so somebody must've cracked the case :/

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Huh, I didn't notice that. Either Nintendo saw it and requested it be taken down, or the poster who made it deleted it since it didn't really get enough attention.
(Please God let it be the former...)
I don't know. It could be the former, but I dunno.

TheRockingGoomba

Smash Cadet
The only credible thing about the leak is that it makes sense for Banjo to be announced at E3, considering Nintendo and Microsoft's recent partnership with Minecraft Cross Play, Xbox live on Switch, Nintendo characters appearing on an Xbox theme or something i'm not sure. It would make sense if they partnered up for Smash.

You could make an argument that Chrono would make sense to be announced this month, due to the fact that it's the 23rd anniversary of the original game. But that's kind of a stretch

Math Jreeds 1284

Smash Cadet
Oh, thanks, I didn't know that x) lol. Now that I've seen it.......................................................

It's fake as FU-
There is NO logical explanation as to why Digimon would be chosen. The likes of Snake, Cloud, & Joker are understandable when you're open-minded about iconic inclusions that're not really in the Nintendo realm, but Agumon/Digimon adds absolutely NOthing new. It's in the same boat as R.O.B. since he also didn't originate from a video game, but from merchandise, Nintendo's of course, which makes things more difficult to assess in seeing why it'd make sense.

The only way this is possible (still in Agumon's case) is taking into account that Joker is still apart of Sega, and Nintendo probably doesn't have the finances to include other out there third parties for this Fighter Pass (I believe there will be another). With Namco on board, they'd think 'Hmm, what characters do you guys have left that would shake things up?' and they'd choose Digimon cuz most people world-wide know what it is, albeit as a Pokemon ripoff, and Bandai wants to advertise some ish like the upcoming Adventure film.

I'm still riding on the Active NEET's little video. It's too outta nowhere to me to be just some coincidence so in no way should the chances of Reimu feel diminished cuz of this but that goes without saying.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Oh, thanks, I didn't know that x) lol. Now that I've seen it.......................................................

It's fake as FU-
There is NO logical explanation as to why Digimon would be chosen. The likes of Snake, Cloud, & Joker are understandable when you're open-minded about iconic inclusions that're not really in the Nintendo realm, but Agumon/Digimon adds absolutely NOthing new. It's in the same boat as R.O.B. since he also didn't originate from a video game, but from merchandise, Nintendo's of course, which makes things more difficult to assess in seeing why it'd make sense.

The only way this is possible (still in Agumon's case) is taking into account that Joker is still apart of Sega, and Nintendo probably doesn't have the finances to include other out there third parties for this Fighter Pass (I believe there will be another). With Namco on board, they'd think 'Hmm, what characters do you guys have left that would shake things up?' and they'd choose Digimon cuz most people world-wide know what it is, albeit as a Pokemon ripoff, and Bandai wants to advertise some ish like the upcoming Adventure film.

I'm still riding on the Active NEET's little video. It's too outta nowhere to me to be just some coincidence so in no way should the chances of Reimu feel diminished cuz of this but that goes without saying.
Open Minded about iconic inclusions, but Agumon adds nothing?

"Logic Died here"

TheRockingGoomba

Smash Cadet

It's fake as FU-

I personally believe that, if this leak somehow turned out to be real. Than i think that they would include Agumon to promote Digimon Survive. The game is supposed to come out sometime this year, we don't know when. But it is possible it could be late this year. Which, given that Agumon is the last character on the leak. Would kind of line up.

I don't believe the leak is real, but i just wanted to give my two cents on this

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Nindies Direct tomorrow. Fingers crossed, everyone. Obviously there won't be any Smash announcement, but you know what actually is possible for them to announce? Touhou games for the Switch.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
Aaand is nothing D:
I was hopeful we’d be getting Antinomy, or maybe LoLK since it appeared on Steam store recently. However, as far as I know, this Direct was a North American exclusive. It wouldnt really make sense to reveal something Touhou related if there isn’t a Japan stream. Maybe next time...

D

Deleted member

Kinda off-topic, but it is about bullet-hell games in general.

What if Nicolas Cage became the main character or villain of one?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
As unlikely as it is, Reimu getting in Smash would be incredible. Touhou is easily my first choice when it comes to an indie/doujin character in Smash.

Deleted User

Smash Rookie
Reimu is easily one of my most-wanted characters for Smash. Doubt it will happen, but it would certainly be a dream come true if it did. Add me to the supporter list!

Last edited:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
One of my friends speculates that there may be a Smash-related announcement at PAX, similar to how the August Direct was announced at EVO, and how Joker was announced at the Game Awards. If he's right, there's only a few days to wait. Let's cross our fingers for ol' Red-White.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
One of my friends speculates that there may be a Smash-related announcement at PAX, similar to how the August Direct was announced at EVO, and how Joker was announced at the Game Awards. If he's right, there's only a few days to wait. Let's cross our fingers for ol' Red-White.
I'm not feeling a Smash announcement at PAX. I don't think we are getting any Smash News until Joker 's release date is announced. With how "Jane" has been handled by Atlus thus far, I really don't see anything more on Joker being announced until late April.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm not feeling a Smash announcement at PAX. I don't think we are getting any Smash News until Joker 's release date is announced. With how "Jane" has been handled by Atlus thus far, I really don't see anything more on Joker being announced until late April.
They could show joker gameplay at pax maybe. I doubt it but could happen. It is the smash and splatoon finals

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice

Source Gaming is doing another poll! Let's go and vote for Reimu!
I've shared this with the Reimu Support Thread over on GameFAQs. Let's try and gather as much support as we can. With more support, there's more exposure. And with more exposure, there's more support. It's a circular system. In this case, if we get enough Reimu support on this poll, then Source Gaming will likely feature her, which gets us a ton more exposure.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
So another touhou fangame is coming to the switch.

And sometime spring we are getting a revamped version of that touhou racing game Gensou Skydrift(made by people who worked on mario kart)

Touhou is still, and will always be, massive in the japanese indie scene. As much as I love Shantae, Reimu has a better chance for a indie rep due to being from japan. still want both though. I think all this switch support can help push the door open for Reimu in smash, and she would fit well.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Touhou is still, and will always be, massive in the japanese indie scene. As much as I love Shantae, Reimu has a better chance for a indie rep due to being from japan. still want both though. I think all this switch support can help push the door open for Reimu in smash, and she would fit well.
This is what I believe as well. Touhou is ridiculously huge enough to be the face of the doujin industry in Japan. I've always thought that if any indie/doujin character would get in Smash first it's going to be from Touhou.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
And sometime spring we are getting a revamped version of that touhou racing game Gensou Skydrift(made by people who worked on mario kart)

They're literally surfing on each other. This is ****ing awesome

Since pre-release I've been under the impression that Shantae or Reimu will be Smash's first indie. Still believe that.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Idk why but I just laughed my ass off way too much at this, just the fact that there exists a game where you can literally make Sanae ride her ancestor makes me question everything

I'm so glad I didn't buy MK8 deluxe yet, I'm getting this instead

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
Idk why but I just laughed my *** off way too much at this, just the fact that there exists a game where you can literally make Sanae ride her ancestor makes me question everything
Genso Skydrift is basically Mario Kart Double Dash, but Touhou.

The main difference is that your characters have an item gauge with 3 levels. The first 2 levels grant generic items (Level 2 grants stronger items than level 1), whereas the third level grants a Spell Card (e.g. Marisa's level 3 is [what else?] her Master Spark).

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Idk why but I just laughed my *** off way too much at this, just the fact that there exists a game where you can literally make Sanae ride her ancestor makes me question everything

They game is fun and a solid kart style racer. I do hope some of the animations get polished with this update to make everyone more emotable.

So ZUN has never been asked or ever commented on smash still? I still find it odd that no one has outright asked him.

TheRockingGoomba

Smash Cadet
They game is fun and a solid kart style racer. I do hope some of the animations get polished with this update to make everyone more emotable.

So ZUN has never been asked or ever commented on smash still? I still find it odd that no one has outright asked him.
It's likely that somebody has asked about it
However, if Reimu is in. Than he is definitely under an NDA. So he probably just chooses to ignore the question rather than say "No she's not in"

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
The next official Touhou game will likely be announced by ZUN very soon. Is everybody hyped?

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
It would be nice to have a Touhou rep in Smash, and Reimu looks nice too! I support.

Last edited:

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
We've nearly had thirty!

16 main series games.

6 Fighting game spinoffs.

5 Spinoff Shmups.

That's 27 games.

TheRockingGoomba

Smash Cadet
The next official Touhou game will likely be announced by ZUN very soon. Is everybody hyped?
I'm probably going to play it.
I'm not 100% excited, because if i'm going to be honest. I haven't played all that much Touhou. I've only really played EoSD. And have played with Touhou characters in Mugen which clearly means i am 100% the most qualified to talk.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Over on GameFAQs, we made a Discord server for people who support Reimu in Smash, and since it recently started properly getting its act together, I figured I might as well post an invite to it here:

https://discord.gg/WAYS3Ez

Once you join, you'll need to get a role to view the channels. We have the Gensokyians Role for proper Touhou fans, the Outsiders role for people who are just coming into the server for the heck of it, and a number of race roles to distinguish everybody further.

Perhaps by getting enough supporters in one place, we'll be able to come up with a better plan to increase exposure.

Last edited:

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
Thank you guys for all the recent the posts, appreciate it.
Welcome!

Thats right! Its likely gonna be a non-fighting game spin-off.
... Though It could be just the demo for now.

Also yeah... Reitaisai (16) is on 5.5 (May 5th).
I am not expecting anything big but... I am looking forward to any content at all.
Whether its official or a cool fangame. ~
I hope you guys will enjoy some doujin creations of your favorite devs, artists and music circles. (Or find new ones).

Over on GameFAQs, we made a Discord server for people who support Reimu in Smash, and since it recently started properly getting its act together, I figured I might as well post an invite to it here:

https://discord.gg/WAYS3Ez

Once you join, you'll need to get a role to view the channels. We have the Gensokyians Role for proper Touhou fans, the Outsiders role for people who are just coming into the server for the heck of it, and a number of race roles to distinguish everybody further.

Perhaps by getting enough supporters in one place, we'll be able to come up with a better plan to increase exposure.
Awesome stuff, Lasatar.
I hope everything with this server will go well and people will find enjoyment with it!

zferolie

Smash Hero
Sure you guys have seen it already...

Someone make a Hakurai shrine stage

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

Eat your heart out Mario Kart.

This is hilarious. Only japan could come up with this.

Top Bottom