• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Showing my Samus appreciation

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
It was being done by Next Level Games before they were offered to do Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, which led to it being scrapped.

The fact that they're developing Federation Force now means that the design could possibly see a comeback.
Even an entire studio chose a high tier over our bae...:(

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
(try not to double post, sorry to be the cop here)

To be fair, it was an objectively better decision at the time since Metroid was under its hiatus.

do Sylux and I'll love you :sheep:
Where did I double post, or did u already remove the repeat?

Was that what @Macchiato was trying to get me to do? To draw Zelda or Sylux?
I assumed she made a joke, which is why I responded the way I did (sorry, Macchiato).

Would you like that Sylux done in caricature, or realism?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Where did I double post, or did u already remove the repeat?

Was that what @Macchiato was trying to get me to do? To draw Zelda or Sylux?
I assumed she made a joke, which is why I responded the way I did (sorry, Macchiato).

Would you like that Sylux done in caricature, or realism?
Above the post of mine you quoted, you responded to both me and Macchiato in separate posts. Double posting is generally frowned upon, just keep that in mind.

The Zelda fanbase tends to make jokes like that, don't make much of it.

As for me, do the drawing as you please(if you want to, that is).

Last edited:

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
Above the post of mine you quoted, you responded to both me and Macchiato in separate posts. Double posting is generally frowned upon, just keep that in mind.

The Zelda fanbase tends to make jokes like that, don't make much of it.

As for me, do the drawing as you please(if you want to, that is).
OOOooh. By double posting you mean replying to two separate posts in a single post. gotcha.

I know Zelda's make jokes, I just have no idea whether that was a joke or not (or what made it funny).

As for Sylux, I want to, just not now.I'm fickle as to what I wanna do and when, so please be patient with me.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Every time someone asks to draw sylux i just scratch my head a bit. I dont know much about sylux and i find drawing him would be as enjoyable due to his simplistic design. Maybe i should look again?

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
Okay, finally done!
For the coloring I used a combination of Sharpys and Prismacolor Markers.
The skin and the canon were a pain to deal with due to the lack of colors to use with them.
Not as good as I wanted, but I'm still proud of it. If I could change it, I would have more white spots on the armor so it would feel more like metal, and I would have made the shading less subtle.
Those black streaks are from the black ink used for the lining. Apparently, not all of it was dry after twelve hours of settling (that or the paper was just too thin)
Still, Mission Successful!
Hope you guys enjoy it!
SamusCartoonColord 001.jpg

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
Every time someone asks to draw sylux i just scratch my head a bit. I dont know much about sylux and i find drawing him would be as enjoyable due to his simplistic design. Maybe i should look again?
YES!! I would love to see what you could do with him! her? it...?

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
YES!! I would love to see what you could do with him! her? it...?
After looking at his design i know what has bugged me about it, the color scheme is kinda barfy in my opinion, if i draw him im taking creative liberties.

On a side note great job on your samus!

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
After looking at his design i know what has bugged me about it, the color scheme is kinda barfy in my opinion, if i draw him im taking creative liberties.

On a side note great job on your samus!
Thanks!

I Disagree. It's color scheme is fine (it could be better), but its his design that's really a miss with me. He feels like a generic enemy. (no offense LIQUID12A LIQUID12A )

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey

I dont know, I have never liked lime green with crayola blue. They dont compliment each other, and thats all the colors on this guys palet. Im gonna redesign him, because your right FlAlex FlAlex he's generic. In fact most of the other bounty hunters in that game are pretty meh designs. compared to Samus they just feel boring. so I want to redesign this guy and make him interesting.

Update:
I was intrigued with the idea of redesigning and im already pumped with an idea. Since he hates the Federation I figured I could play around with the only character arc this guy has into his design. the helmet of his suit is really really simple so i thought, what if it was a split in half fused together Federation helmet? It only makes sense and its really intriguing. what do you guys think?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Thanks!

I Disagree. It's color scheme is fine (it could be better), but its his design that's really a miss with me. He feels like a generic enemy. (no offense LIQUID12A LIQUID12A )
None taken.

I've always liked the design myself, though I can understand why some don't.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Heres me playing around with some concepts,
the head is an Other M federation helmet and the shoulder is a prime helmet. In my head he mutilates the armor and paints it blue all celtic warrior like. this is just me dinking around, itll be a while before i perfect it. Any thoughts?

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
the head is an Other M federation helmet and the shoulder is a prime helmet. In my head he mutilates the armor and paints it blue all celtic warrior like. this is just me dinking around, itll be a while before i perfect it. Any thoughts?

LOVE IT!!
Edit: Whatch thinkin of doin for the rest of his armor? a mesh-mash of federal armors as well?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I actually kind of like the helmet. Sure, I still like the original more, but that's a good start.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Mind if I jack this inking and color it using pink pallet?
If you want ill send you the scan i made for the color copy. PM me your email and ill send it.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Hey guys, heres an update on my next Samus Piece, Were looking at a realistic style Black and white portrait with her suit being in full color. hopefully it will be done by the end of the next 2 weeks.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Here's an update, going to move onto her hair now, wish me luck on that. Hair is stupid hard

samosa

Smash Cadet
I like the idea so far. Maybe take some ideas from the PED suit to add a third color? Like he somehow stole technology from the federation and uses it for himself now.

Also the new samus one looks amazing!

Last edited:

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Heres the progression of an art request done for a member of the Samus Discord

Top Bottom