• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Show'em Whatcha Got, Baby" - Little Mac Moveset Thread - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
well i suppose but in the case of the crash bomber its better to just attack it to build meter and leaves you less open.

what we need to find out is which attacks we can dodge with up taunt
:4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac:
That sounds like fun :p

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
well i suppose but in the case of the crash bomber its better to just attack it to build meter and leaves you less open.

what we need to find out is which attacks we can dodge with up taunt
:4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac:
i guess context would have helped lol. i wasn't dsmashing from the other side of the screen hoping to dodge a crash bomb. i had knocked megaman offstage and i was at the ledge ready with my dsmash to catch his recovery. he shot a crash bomb at me to try to get me out of position and it went through me. but i'm a scrub and missed the one-frame ledgegrab vulnerability though. like i said, situationally useful.

and up taunt has z-axis shenanigans? lol. that would be an awesome combo vid.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
reflex's breakdown of mac's current aerial metagame (i.e. how to use mac aerials 101) :

N-Air is the fastest aerial in the game in terms of when it's active and when the animation is over. This makes it solid for disruption and is often super-safe to use as insurance after a ledge jump. If you shorthop immediate N-Air and someone shields it, every character but Mewtwo will miss an immediate shieldgrab, so that could give you time to punish with Up-B, Forward-B, or a landing into something quick.

F-Air sends people forward at a sharp angle; depending on percents and opponents' weight/fall speed, you can get frame advantage even if it doesn't put them into tumble. It can cause people to airdodge, where you can then autocancel into a punish. At high percents it can legitimately be used for edgeguarding.

B-Air is effectively the same move as F-Air but with a hitbox that hits lower (but not significantly so).

U-Air is fast and doesn't send people far, but you have to move backward after landing a hit at low-ish percents or you'll get punished for it. People often get overzealous and it lets you bait swings into your own punish. It also keeps them more-or-less in place for longer, so they panic. It also eats double-jumps from time to time. Not bad if people don't DI away on stray D-Tilts, since you'd rather not stale Up-B before KO percents if you can help it.

D-Air's autocancel window isn't terribly late, so you can use it to protect yourself a bit when falling to the stage. It also lasts for four frames, which isn't bad. It can be used for edgeguards in a pinch against opponents with very high percents who are recovering low, and it's often confusing to an opponent to be hit by shorthop immediate D-Air, so it's not terrible as a risky disruption for a KO Punch or something similar.

Done. There's your metagame.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
D-Air is also useful as his best move to slide someone off a platform, which leads to tech chasing.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
and don't forget d-air is mac's only real jab lock/reset option. easiest to get the feel for it after shielding a charizard sideB. can also do it at ~60% after a liver blow [EDIT: down-tilted-fsmash, lol reflex] if unteched.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I really wish people would stop giving names to moves and options that don't need names. :'(

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
I like the name Liver Blow :c

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I've been practicing B reversing a lot lately on various characters, trying to see what they can do. Can Little Macs neutral special b reverse? I'd like to say that I've done it before, but it seems... inconsistent. Am I just doing something else, and LM can't B Reverse, or do I just need more practice?

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
As far as I can tell, he cannot B-Reverse his Neutral-B.
He can, but the timing is different from say, Villager's B reverse. My friend who is really good and can do it consistently (not like it's too useful, though) described it as: "doing it like a tilt but without side b-ing" I have no idea what he meant.... Only done it a couple of times.

Last edited:

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
He can, but the timing is different from say, Villager's B reverse. My friend who is really good and can do it consistently (not like it's too useful, though) described it as: "doing it like a tilt but without side b-ing" I have no idea what he meant.... Only done it a couple of times.
its just a b-turnaround. little mac can't b-reverse meaning he can't do a momentum shift. not very useful at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom