• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Showdown Battle Royale 3 Preview: One of the Midwest's Fastest-Growing Fighting Game Series

Showdown_battle_Royale_3_top-heavy_text.jpg

The Showdown Battle Royale tournament series’ third iteration will run on July 14th and 15th at the Radisson Hotel in Farmington Hills, Michigan. Showdown Battle Royale has been one of the Midwest’s largest fighting game series since 2016, attracting competitors worldwide. This year’s Smash event roster lists singles and doubles brackets for both Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. There will also be a singles bracket for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Other games include Pokkén Tournament DX, Rivals of Aether, Street Fighter V, Dragon Ball FighterZ and ARMS.

PGRv4 players registered so far are:

Player | Rank
Larry " Larry Lurr " Holland | 7
Chris " WaDi " Boston| 12
Tamim " Mistake " Omary | 13
Elliot " Ally " Bastien Carroza-Oyarce | 14
Zack " CaptainZack " Lauth | 18
Ezra " Samsora " Morris | 22
Orion " Darkshad " Wolf | 26
Julian " Zinoto " Carrington | 31
Tyrell " NAKAT " Coleman | 33
Griffin " Fatality " Miller | 38
Tyler " tyroy " Awdisho | 40
Dacota " Ryuga " James | 45

The Panda Global Rankings (PGR) v5 season ended on July 1, so Showdown Battle Royale 3 will be one of the first tournaments counted towards PGRv6.

Most of Michigan’s Smash Wii U PR players have also registered:

Player | Rank
Kyle " Nom " Warner | 2
Eric " Daybreak " Ajluni | 4
Tyler " Miloni " Penoyer | 5
Omar " Ozone " Qadah | 6
Garrett " smasher1001 " Perks | 7
Savon “ BooBear ” Riley | 8
" Goof " | 9
Seth " SETHsational " Reed | 10
Kenshi " Gomakenpi " Quist | 12
" Runes " | 13
Danny " SlamSHADY " MacAskill | 15

While the Showdown series focuses largely on Smash Wii U, here are a few Melee players to keep an eye on:

Player | Rank
Kalindi " KJH " Henderson | Melee It On Me (MIOM) 34, Michigan PR 2
Avery " Ginger " Wilson | MIOM 49, Michigan PR 3
Omar " Heartstring s" Rifai | Michigan PR 5
Robin " Juggleguy " Harn | Michigan PR 9

In the Brawl bracket, we’ll likely see CaptainZack and Aaron "Blacktwins13" Grandison-Vargas duking it out for first place.

You can find the event and streaming schedule here.

Showdown Battle Royale 3 will be brought to you in part by Nathan "Ksev" Daniel, Kevandre "ShowdownDre" Thompson, Unrivaled Tournaments, Gooshi Gaming and No Limit Gaming.

ShowdownDre would like to add that Showdown Battle Royale has always been about the attendees. It's a community-driven event that strives to provide an excellent experience at an affordable value. He's excited to see the event grow and is grateful for and humbled by the community's support.

Author's Note: Have you been to any of the Showdown Battle Royale Tournaments, or are you going this year? Who do you think will win each Smash bracket? Let us know in the comments.

EmaLeigh "$$$$" O'Neal

Comments

Still don't know about the PG's plan in-between PGR v5 and the release of Smash Ultimate. It could be v6, but it could be something else.

I also noticed that Ryuga is finally back. He was completely absent from any PGR'ed event on v5.

Last edited:
Still don't know about the PG's plan in-between PGR v5 and the release of Smash Ultimate. It could be v6, but it could be something else.

I also noticed that Ryuga is finally back. He was completely absent from any PGR'ed event on v5.
Yes he wanted to focus on school. I think he'll be back though.

D
I wish I could go soo bad.

The Showdown Battle Royale tournament series’ third iteration will run on July 14th and 15th at the Radisson Hotel in Farmington Hills, Michigan. Showdown Battle Royale has been one of the Midwest’s largest fighting game series since 2016, attracting competitors worldwide. This year’s Smash event roster lists singles and doubles brackets for both Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. There will also be a singles bracket for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Other games include Pokkén Tournament DX, Rivals of Aether, Street Fighter V, Dragon Ball FighterZ and ARMS.

PGRv4 players registered so far are:

Player | Rank
Larry " Larry Lurr " Holland | 7
Chris " WaDi " Boston| 12
Tamim " Mistake " Omary | 13
Elliot " Ally " Bastien Carroza-Oyarce | 14
Zack " CaptainZack " Lauth | 18
Ezra " Samsora " Morris | 22
Orion " Darkshad " Wolf | 26
Julian " Zinoto " Carrington | 31
Tyrell " NAKAT " Coleman | 33
Griffin " Fatality " Miller | 38
Tyler " tyroy " Awdisho | 40
Dacota " Ryuga " James | 45

The Panda Global Rankings (PGR) v5 season ended on July 1, so Showdown Battle Royale 3 will be one of the first tournaments counted towards PGRv6.

Most of Michigan’s Smash Wii U PR players have also registered:

Player | Rank
Kyle " Nom " Warner | 2
Eric " Daybreak " Ajluni | 4
Tyler " Miloni " Penoyer | 5
Omar " Ozone " Qadah | 6
Garrett " smasher1001 " Perks | 7
Savon “ BooBear ” Riley | 8
" Goof " | 9
Seth " SETHsational " Reed | 10
Kenshi " Gomakenpi " Quist | 12
" Runes " | 13
Danny " SlamSHADY " MacAskill | 15

While the Showdown series focuses largely on Smash Wii U, here are a few Melee players to keep an eye on:

Player | Rank
Kalindi " KJH " Henderson | Melee It On Me (MIOM) 34, Michigan PR 2
Avery " Ginger " Wilson | MIOM 49, Michigan PR 3
Omar " Heartstring s" Rifai | Michigan PR 5
Robin " Juggleguy " Harn | Michigan PR 9

In the Brawl bracket, we’ll likely see CaptainZack and Aaron "Blacktwins13" Grandison-Vargas duking it out for first place.

You can find the event and streaming schedule here.

Showdown Battle Royale 3 will be brought to you in part by Nathan "Ksev" Daniel, Kevandre "ShowdownDre" Thompson, Unrivaled Tournaments, Gooshi Gaming and No Limit Gaming.

ShowdownDre would like to add that Showdown Battle Royale has always been about the attendees. It's a community-driven event that strives to provide an excellent experience at an affordable value. He's excited to see the event grow and is grateful for and humbled by the community's support.

Author's Note: Have you been to any of the Showdown Battle Royale Tournaments, or are you going this year? Who do you think will win each Smash bracket? Let us know in the comments.
Aw man... I wish I could go sooooo dang bad, but I don't have the money to attend. Oh well. I'm really upset about it, but there will be more tournaments to come. Plus i'll have more time to study & practice!

Top Bottom