• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Revven

FrankerZ
Mailtime questionssss:

1) What do you guys think of the recently released Stage Studio that Xane made? Do you plan to use it for making custom stages at all? If so, do you have any ideas on what you want to do with it? (Since it's obviously not AS limited as the Brawl one).

2) In your opinion(s), was COT4 truly a disaster? Do you think that COT4 could have an impact on new tournament players trying to get in on the scene if they hear about it (like, making them decide not to get into the scene because of what they heard had happened)?

3) Youko, what did you get for your birthday? Any cards? Fan mail?

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Mailtime Question Extravaganza!

After having about a year with Brawl, is it still your favorite Smash game? Also, how often do you go back and bust out Melee or 64?

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Serious mailtime question:

With 2008 come and gone, what would you say was the best game you played last year aside from Brawl?

Less serious mailtime question:

Panda, which would you say is a greater challenge? Beating Boss Battles with Captain Falcon on Intense difficulty in Brawl, or Beating Yami with Gold Lightan on the highest difficulty in TvC?

TonyTH07

Smash Cadet
I have a mail time question for Panda.

I remember those stories you told about you learning Japanese and all the anime you used to watch. I was wondering if you still watch anime a lot like you used to. I was wondering what your favorite anime was, or anime's if you can't pick one specific anime.

Just something that I've been curious about. Sorry if it doesn't pertain to the podcast subject. I can't WAIT for all the discussion on the hacks.
I made this question a long time ago if you can manage to fit it in. Still curious.

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
Here's another mailtime question:

How do you guys feel about the smash community being "snubbed" by both Evo and MLG.

Let's be honest Evo was kinda expected, but after the MLG acquisition of Smash Boards, most people thought Smash was a shoo in for this year's circuit.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I made this question a long time ago if you can manage to fit it in. Still curious.
His favorite is Hajime no Ippo. And Youko's is Yu Yu Hakusho.

Not sure if those have changed.

I won't be able to listen to the live cause i'm at a concert that night (children of bodom :) )
I am so freaking jealous. T_T Black Tide's going on tour in America.... I should see if I can go to that. lol <3 Black Tide

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Crap... I was going to ask that. Um..... How about...

What plans do you have for the podcast that is closest to the anniversary of Brawl's release in America?

It's just a suggestion, but I think you should have something similar to the episode after it came out in Japan. You could talk about all of the characters, stages, and your thoughts on them (in tier list order this time or any order you want). Then you could talk a little bit about how Brawl has developed since its release. But then again, that might just be a little TOO awesome.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Okay, seriously. Which of ESTEEMED VOICE ACTOR STEVEN JAY BLUM'S many voice-acting roles do you prefer? Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop, TOM from Toonami, Orochimaru from Naruto, Mugen from Samurai Champloo, or Shishio Makoto (pwn) from Rurouni Kenshin?

Mailtime question take #2.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Okay, seriously. Which of ESTEEMED VOICE ACTOR STEVEN JAY BLUM'S many voice-acting roles do you prefer? Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop, TOM from Toonami, Orochimaru from Naruto, Mugen from Samurai Champloo, or Shishio Makoto (pwn) from Rurouni Kenshin?

Mailtime question take #2.
Dude, Blum's done WAY more than that. Don't limit the question.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but I see those as his main roles. However, for the sake of increasing options, I'll change the question to which is Steven Jay Blum's best voice acting role.

EDIT: And Shishio still pwns.

Revven

FrankerZ
Hey Youko, I just wanted to ask, how do you manage to make stickam get everyone else's voices onto it? I'm just curious as I've just been messing with it quite recently so, I was wondering how it's all done over there.

kthx.

Edit: Okay I'm just gonna spill it.

I was messing with stickam 'cause I was thinking of using it to allow the first episode of the Brawl+ podcast to be live (although, nobody would have listened anyway without advertisement lol). So, basically I'm saying that I just finished doing the first episode tonight and NEED somewhere to host it for download once it's all done being edited. I know that you guys have Buzz host your episodes for download so maybe that could be done the same for us?

The podcast just started so, help a brother out (and yes, I'm planning to continue it too unlike the other podcasts that there were).

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Podcast is tonight, keep asking those questions - the more the merrier!

As for hosting your Brawl+ podcast, you'd have to ask Buzz on that one. But in regards to your previous question, here's something I had to send a certain someone's way yesterday that would help.

Mr. Hebert,

As a big fan of your work as a voice actor, it is an honor for me to be writing to you. On behalf of Cyberlink420, one of the fans of my podcast called “Show Me Your News,” I’m supposed to give my feedback regarding using Stickam.com to live stream a podcast. Fortunately, through my experiences with Stickam and podcasting, which has occurred since September, I have found that things are relatively easy to operate. When we podcast, we generally don’t run a video feed along with the audio. Instead, we use a program called ManyCam (http://www.manycam.com/) to display an image of our own choosing so the screen isn’t black. Stickam recognizes ManyCam as a webcam device, so it’s pretty easy to set up.

However, the audio setup is a little more complicated and is generally dependent on the setup of your computer. The trick is to have the audio device that Stickam recognizes be the output from your computer’s sound card. My co-host is the one who generally records and live feeds the episode on his computer – he has a desktop microphone that plugs into the computer’s mic jack. It isn’t the fanciest thing in the world, but it gets the job done because he is recording the sound directly to his computer’s sound card and also receiving my audio through a Skype conversation. I’ve found that if the individual who is running the live streaming has either a USB microphone or a microphone that operates through a separate USB audio interface, they are only able to record those in the Skype chat, but not their own voice. This unfortunately defeats the purpose – it seems as if the whole process doesn’t favor those with high-quality microphones, doesn’t it?

If this seems confusing at all, I apologize…it is generally a complicated process to begin with to coordinate efforts for live streaming a podcast. However, if you have any more questions, feel free to email me at dojopodcast@gmail.com – I’d be glad to help however I can. Also, you can see how live streaming a podcast on Stickam.com can be from a fan’s perspective by checking out the latest episode of our podcast this Sunday, February 15th at 8:00 PM Eastern at http://www.stickam.com/smyn.

Hope all goes well with the Big Bald Broadcast – keep up the great work!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So, going off of what Panda is telling me...

NINJALINK on SMYN tonight.

Be there or be rhombus.

EDIT: And of course...

MAD HYPE, Y'ALL!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Apparently, Ninjalink is a fan of the podcast and even a long-time listener! I actually met him at CoT4 in real life, and he's a fun guy to hang with. And he was one of the people that came with us back to Chibo's place, too. He's the perfect guest for this episode.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i would have liked to be there to sort of add some insight on what really happened with the management and what not, but i do like that ninjalink is a guest host, and samurai panda was one of the sole reasons that cot4 was able to finish lol

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
ok a bit late but i just thought of a mailtime question.

With how the economy's doing in America, how do you think the Video game industry will survive when people are cutting back on buying things that they don.t "need"?

Sliq

Smash Master
Whoever that lugi guy was, he ought to know hes an UPSTANDING PART OF THE COMMUNITY and that I hope he RECEIVES PRESENTS and I wish that he NEVER CONTRACTS ANY SORT OF SERIOUS ILLNESS.

I do, however, hope a meteor his him in the groin and he can no longer have children. The earth is already overpopulated as it is...

Anyways, I hope this goes well. If RIG isn't mentioned in the podcast I'm going to be pissed.

Sliq

Smash Master
Hey. you spammed, we warned you, you didn't listen, and **** went down. It's that simple.
Spammed what? I spammed nothing.

IF you are going to block me, at least say something right like, we blocked you because you used naughty words. Don't make **** up.

Top Bottom