• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Darkurai

Smash Master
I think there's something wrong with the download link, 'cause BUH ONLY THIRTEEN MINUTES

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
I'M ON SMYN! *Duke Nukem voice* Hail to the king, baby! Thanks Youko! It does suck that, for some reason, I can't download the episodes off anything but iTunes. *sigh* I guess I'll just have to wait. By the way, how many review did you actually recieve? (removed due to n00bish posting)

EDIT:
I agree with the Sonic Unleashed Review, the Banjo Review, and I agree with that Roymyboy guy too. Who is he?

EDIT (AGAIN):
BUH 40 MINUTES??

EDIT (ONCE AGAIN):
Hey Youko, I know that my review was mediocre,(the lack of audio quality was because I just used the mic in my webcam, and I suck at editing) but what did you think? I think I need a better editing program than Windows Movie Maker.

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
I agree with the Sonic Unleashed Review, the Banjo Review, and I agree with that Roymyboy guy too. Who is he?
I'd like to expand on this real quick.

Sonic Unleashed is, by far, my favorite 3-D Sonic on the Wii. I do agree that the Werehog levels are repeatitive, but I managed to have fun with them. It's a great 3-d Sonic game, coming from a self-proclaimed Sonic freak. I mean look, everytime I say Sonic I underline it! Sonic Sonic Sonic Sonic!!!!

I don't have a 360, so I can't play Nuts and Bolts, but even though I love Banjo-Kazooie, I can't find myself wanting to play it that much. I loved the N64 games, but it seems that they have abandoned this platforming factor. And, if Banjo and Kazooie gave up and got fat on us, it looks like they abandoned us too. I probably will end up playing it, but I just can't get very exited for it.

Anyway, that's my opinion. BTW, sorry for the double post.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I'd like to expand on this real quick.

Sonic Unleashed is, by far, my favorite 3-D Sonic on the Wii. I do agree that the Werehog levels are repeatitive, but I managed to have fun with them. It's a great 3-d Sonic game, coming from a self-proclaimed Sonic freak. I mean look, everytime I say Sonic I underline it! Sonic Sonic Sonic Sonic!!!!

I don't have a 360, so I can't play Nuts and Bolts, but even though I love Banjo-Kazooie, I can't find myself wanting to play it that much. I loved the N64 games, but it seems that they have abandoned this platforming factor. And, if Banjo and Kazooie gave up and got fat on us, it looks like they abandoned us too. I probably will end up playing it, but I just can't get very exited for it.

Anyway, that's my opinion. BTW, sorry for the double post.
Well, as soon as the intro ends, they're back to perfect physical health, not to mention <spoilers>
that L.O.G. gives them all their old moves back at the end of the game just in case Nuts & Bolts gets panned and they might need them for the next game (if they get a next one...)
</spoilers>. And while the vehicles DO shake up the gameplay, it's still the classic Banjo experience that we've all come to know and love. I'd suggest that if you do ever get a 360, consider giving the demo a try and see if you like it.

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
Well, as soon as the intro ends, they're back to perfect physical health, not to mention <spoilers>
that L.O.G. gives them all their old moves back at the end of the game just in case Nuts & Bolts gets panned and they might need them for the next game (if they get a next one...)
</spoilers>. And while the vehicles DO shake up the gameplay, it's still the classic Banjo experience that we've all come to know and love. I'd suggest that if you do ever get a 360, consider giving the demo a try and see if you like it.
That IS a good point. Thanks, if my friend with a 360 gets it, I'll be sure to check it out. BTW, great job with the review!

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry I wasn't able to submit my review for Animal Crossing: City Folk, and very very sorry if anybody else had planned on doing that title as a review. My internet crashed on friday and Saturday, and there was no way for me to submit the audio file. I wouldn't mind submitting it in a later episode, but I doubt it would be accepted.

Heh, maybe you could take one fan review for a game every episode.. that'd be an interesting new segment in SMYN... nah it'd be annoying I bet...

~Allan

Darkurai

Smash Master
I started listening to 42.5 on iTunes, and it froze when you did your demonic voice in the intro, Youko.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
I guess it's my own **** fault then for not checking to see who dropped out. Oh, well, this will teach me to actually be more prominent in the forums in the future.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero

Revven

FrankerZ
Can you set it up through the latest update? I never installed it and I want those Syntax skins.
Yes, you can, just use the new Twlight Hack save file, but, be wary... it is wise to turn off your WC24 so your Wii never updates (since the new update forces you to agree to Nintendo allowing to update your system without your consent) otherwise, who knows, they may make an update that removes the HBC altogether from your console and finally get rid of the TH and thus, you wouldn't be able to install the HBC or use it ever again (unless, a workaround came out).

But, yeahs, it works with Firmware 3.4.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Hmmmm... Persona sounds intresting o.o I might have to pull out my ps2 again. Also, what was the last song in the banjo review ? It was sooooo ******* sweet! Btw, was that persona music in the background of the persona review ? That sounded really nice as well ^_^ What I really wanted to hear was a Fallout 3 review or a GH: World tour review. I would have contributed but I'm really shy and I dont have a mic :(

Revven

FrankerZ
Hmmmm... Persona sounds intresting o.o I might have to pull out my ps2 again. Also, what was the last song in the banjo review ? It was sooooo ******* sweet! Btw, was that persona music in the background of the persona review ? That sounded really nice as well ^_^
If you want to get into Persona, you may as well buy the new one Persona 4 that just came out yesterday.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Also, what was the last song in the banjo review ? It was sooooo ******* sweet!
I used four songs in the Banjo review. The first was the rock remix of the main theme, the second was the BGM for BanjoLand (which in itself was a medley of tunes from past Banjo games), the third was the Grunty's Lair remix used for the final battle, and the fourth was the rock remix of Mumbo's Skull used in the Test Track. You can find them, as well as the rest of the soundtrack, over at Rare Witch Project.

Also, I'd love to play Persona, but my PS2 is still broken for unknown reasons...

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, my birthday is tomorrow! :bee::bee::bee::bee::bee: I can't wait. :)

EDIT: I'd love to play Banjo or Persona, but i don't own either of the systems it's on.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is now officially out. If you're looking for a good 2D fighter for Wii (or just a good 2D fighter) and don't mind going through all the steps needed to actually run the game, then I suggest picking it up. A fair amount of the is actually in English, with the notable exception of the main menu, so that helps a fair bit.

Also, PlayStation Home is available as well, but good luck doing anything with it since the PSN is apparently down...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
DQ10 Exclusively on Wii?? Unbelieveable. I wonder if it'll be better than DQVIII (which was great BTW).
P.S. Sorry I couldn't help with episode 42.5. I was sick them and I still am.
Anyway,
This will really hurt the PS3 since the Dragon Warrior games sells better than Final Fantasy in Japan.

Top Bottom