• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
Wow, people really want you guys to sing and dance and be musical. If you can, try having a Youko vs. Panda Melee match, then a Youko vs. Panda Brawl match. It'd be interesting to compare.

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
Wow, people really want you guys to sing and dance and be musical. If you can, try having a Youko vs. Panda Melee match, then a Youko vs. Panda Brawl match. It'd be interesting to compare.
Thats good idea, the match part, Not big fan of musical

JawaJedi

Smash Journeyman
Be sure to tell us who you will main, or who you think could eventually be your main, and who you like the least. And which stage is your favorite and least favorite.

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
SMYN Musical!!!! Maybe some sort of musical number, obviously. I just think the coolest thing would be being able to see your faces.. I mean..we already know your first names, and where you live slightly...and we're gonna know what you look like, hopefully. Isn't that enough information to stalk someone? I hope so! */kidding*

I think the most obvious thing I'd want in the video thingie is a score...I can't really think of any other things.. Shenanigans are always nice..how long do you think this review's going to be? OH! Thought of something! You could totally give me a shout out..for...my super special awesome-ness! I kid, I kid. ;P.

Edit: Do the Wayko laugh!! Also..it's pronounced Whyko..correct? Wyko? /edit

Oh, and playing with Swordy/Hunter is ALMOST as close as battling you, Youko..ALMOST... Maybe having some Panda x Youko brawls, which I'm assuming would already be in there, would be nice.

On a slightly unrelated/related/perhaps unrelated note..PM me for Brawls plzkthxbai!! I'm too scared to venture out of this thread.. I musn't let it die! Not that it's dying or anything... If I make this post any longer it might gain sentience and start eating small villages in Latvia..best stop now.

JawaJedi

Smash Journeyman
When I think of that I can't stop myself from saying "Shooooww yoursellllllffff !":laugh:
Here's THE RUNDOWN: This is THE ROUNDTABLE at THE DOJO where you, when it's MAILTIME, SHOW YOURSELF, YOUR MOVES, YOUR NEWS, wut u r playin, and you discuss WHO'S IN with the musical dogs, the katana-wielding pandas, buzzsaws, fish, and many more.

Tell me if I missed any.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I was just reading a webcomic I like, and I found no less then two uses of "Dang Skippy" (albeit with a higher curse level), and felt it right and proper to bring it here. Turns out the phrase does exist!

Number 1, and Number 2.

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
When it's done. One can only surmise that him saying that they were recording it today/yesterday could only mean that the recording's most likely done. Now Youko's just gotta do all the other tweaking. Getting it up on the different formats, making sure it works and whatnot. Sound balance, and easter eggs(maybe?).

Question, is it only going to be on the Tubes? My computer's sound isn't working, again, so I'd prefer if it was mayhaps in iTunes format? So's I could get it on my Zune..and enjoy the savory goodness that is SMYN..

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Rhokk if it is only youtube, i can point you in the direction of a good youtube video downloader, or just send you the Zune compatible video file. That is, if it is only avaliable as a youtube video.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked a bajillion times and you're mentally roasting me over a fire for asking it, but are you guys still planning to continue the podcast on a monthly basis? And, if so, what do you think your release scheduele will be like? Id est, what week/day of each month do you think you'll be shooting for?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Ok guys, this is my bad again. I have been delaying this video review over Nd over again. We were supposed to record yesterday, but I found out I had a speech due that night (yes, on Saturday night) so I had to delay it to today. But that speech took me until 7am to finish, and I have to take a practice mcat exam for 5.5 hours today (which I was going to do earlier but I needed some sleep first). So I cant record the review today, either. We've rescheduled for thursday... And as I typed that I realized I have an exam that night so I can't do it then either. Hopefully we can record on Friday, instead.

I feel really bad about not being available for you guys, but please try to understand. I have to take the MCAT in about a month, so I have been spending nearly every waking moment studying for that exam that will determine my future. Ive never been so busy in my entire life. But youko and I will still try our best to get this video review to you guys, and follow it soon after with our first monthly podcast.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry, it won't kill us. Unless, of course, we choke on our own tears while reading your post, but the chances of that are slim at worst--I mean best.

Seriously, your future should come before your hobbies. Anyone who faults you for putting the podcast aside to get your exams done needs to be punched in the face. Still looking forward to the next podcast--it'll be worth the wait! ^_^

Oh, and good luck with your studies!

Banzai_Kitten

Smash Cadet
Oh well, a couple of more days won't hurt. Go ahead, and take your test SP. It's more important than all of us Smash nerds.

But lol, you're starting to sound like Sakurai.

purple-tangerine

Smash Cadet
y'know...this is almost cliche or something. The review got delayed twice, and the game it's reviewing also got delayed twice. So it works out quite well, imo.

education before your hobbies though. Good luck on the test!

The Director

Smash Lord
Take your time, Panda. I know SMYN has it's fans and all, but do we really need the video review so soon? I think we can all agree that Brawl is a great game, and we all love it. Do you guys really need Youko and Panda's review that badly?

On the other hand, for the 3 of you who need this review to suade you to purchase this game, just take my word for it: it's really good.

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Seeing as your circumstances are obviously extremely out of your control, and your future's more important than a podcast, I'll let it slide this time. Just kidding, I'll be happy whenever it comes out. Just don't make us wait too long, okay? I dunno if I can survive much longer without an SMYN infusion.

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
yeah seriously guys, i wouldn't mind if you delayed it for another month. you've been doing it for 35 WEEKS IN A ROW! if anybody needs a break its you guys, so just chilllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

and good luck on that MCAT panda, i've heard from my sister its a paiiinnnnnnnnnnnn.....

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
What’s up, guys? Hopefully Brawl has been treating you well and you haven’t been missing SMYN all THAT much. Don’t worry, we should be getting the VIDEO REVIEW up by the end of the weekend. If you don’t know by now, it will be on SMYN’s Youtube account (SMYNYouko) and we will also release an audio version on iTunes for those subscribers. We’re still unsure if this would count as our weekly SMYN contribution because of end-of-school year difficulties, but we’ll definitely deliver soon on the review.

However, I come to you all today with a proposition. You may have noticed a couple new videos up on that Youtube account. With my major ideally shifting to video production, I’ve been working with Youtube and videos a lot more. I really enjoy working with media, and working with SMYN has really given me an idea of working with a deadline. It’s also led me to look at my past productions…some I’m proud of, some not so much.

One of those “not so much” ones is the POKÉMON BOTTOM TEN. For those that are unaware of what this is, you can search for it on Youtube (made by DarkDragonair, an alternate alias) – it was basically a countdown of the flaws in episodes of the Pokemon anime and was debuted as an easter egg for an earlier episode of SMYN. I created this around February 2007, several months before I was even “Youko” and I can’t stand how dull my voice sounds. I wish to revitalize this series (keeping some of the “controversy” in check, as you may recall when it was posted on SWF), but instead do a top 5 for each episode. This would be much more feasible to accomplish and make things short and sweet, but to the point. This would perhaps turn out to be another weekly project and it would be certainly intended for humor, which I hope I can pull off with a lot more confidence this time around. A new title would have to be in the works – how does “WTF Pokémon” sound?

Secondly, I have acquired a webcam as of late, so I might be doing some VIDEO BLOGGING (maybe daily??) in the near future. This would be…about whatever, really. This could definitely transition into something promising with SamuraiPanda and Epic Proportions at the same residence as me next year, but we’ll see how it goes. Maybe no one will really care at all, but I’m curious about venturing into the vlogging arena.

IN BRIEF SUMMATION, – how do these ideas sound? Would you actually be interested in seeing a serial mockery of the Pokémon anime franchise? Does a video blog from SMYN’s creator seem too futile? Please let me know with either replies in the thread, PMs, or emails at dojopodcastATgmailDOTcom. I eagerly await your replies. :)

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Go for it! Video podcasting is the best! I'm tired of all the video blogs about life and celebrities and all the youtube drama. I wanna hear a podcast from a brawler :D

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
Yep. Anything you produce I'll end up watching or listening to anyway, especially if it's geared for humour! By the way, podcasts are still on the agenda, right? I ride my bike to college in the mornings and all I have to listen to at the moment are old episodes, so I hold out for new stuff from you. Although I say this, video is also awesome, especially daily. I get bored enough as it is, and a daily vlog would be fantastic. With regard to the Pokémon thing, that sounds good too.

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
Hey Youko,

A video podcast/video blog/or what ever you call it sounds like a good idea to me and Fox gives the idea a thumbs up, too.

Hope you have been enjoying Brawl. I know I have been.

As for the Pokemon Bottom Ten, just as long as you don't show the episode "Electric Soldier Porygon", it seems like an okay idea. I have never seen that episode and don't really care to see it. After what I heard from Japan it can remain one of the only Pokemon episodes that I have never seen (Original series of Pokemon that is, don't really care for the new series). I don't remember seeing a Pokemon Bottom Ten on Smash Boards, so this event must have happened before I became a Smash Boarder.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
As for the Pokemon Bottom Ten, just as long as you don't show the episode "Electric Soldier Porygon", it seems like an okay idea. I have never seen that episode and don't really care to see it. After what I heard from Japan it can remain one of the only Pokemon episodes that I have never seen (Original series of Pokemon that is, don't really care for the new series). I don't remember seeing a Pokemon Bottom Ten on Smash Boards, so this event must have happened before I became a Smash Boarder.

Heh, I saw the controversial part of that episode. I can see why it was banned, but didn't find it too bad, personally. Then again, I'm not epileptic, so yeah.

But Beauty and the Beach, is SO funny and again...can see why it was banned. James with boobs for the roflfalafel.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'm still rather fond of that Youko man.

...SO.
Many years later I thought I'd drop in. And there was old Youko still looking quite thin. (Oh, don't ask)

I guess I should say sorry for gimping out of the SMYN scene completely so suddenly. I just began to focus more on my own stuff and downloading the increasingly longer casts was becoming a bit of a bother for me, sadly. :(

Still, I guess I've just popped back to say these video ideas sound awesome! I'd so go for them! All of them! And then some!

Mooooreeee...
*Smooshes hands*

And on note with the Pokemon Bottom Ten, I still think it's pretty neat. The VA is rather.. uhm. Bored? And some of the script upset some people, but it was still rather neat-o.

I'm sure a "lighter" version of it can be done, though I'd be fine with the same style it had before, myself.

Anyways! I'd say go for all this new stuff! It'll be...

FUN!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
LOL, the VA was me...just yes, not with a flair to the vocal personality, hahaha. I now know how to do a bang-up job on video-related things too, so wheeeeeeeee! :)

purple-tangerine

Smash Cadet
The video stuff sounds like a good idea to me! That German one made me lol, but that's probably because I don't know German. :p

As a side note, I said "dang skippy" by accident today...something along the lines of "good gosh! dang skippy! are you alright?" needless to say, I facepalmed.

Top Bottom