• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
I'm still gonna call it teching. 2 syllables vs ukemi's 3 syllables.
Yup, people first of all won't change their habits, and second of all we say whatever is easiest. "Nice tech" is easier than "nice Ukemi maneuver".

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It's certainly an interesting name. Teching sort of grew on me, but it seems sort of lazy to name a technique after the word technique. Tech=Short, sweet, and to the point. Ukemi=The harder to apply word with more foreign appeal to it. I vote Ukemi.

What a timely application of Ukemi, Old Sport!

Cless

Smash Champion
Too... many... syllables...

Makes you sound like a weeaboo too. I'm not a fan of mixing Japanese and English just for the sake of doing it.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
We need to sound more like the characters from The Great Gatsby. Lots of needlessly long words, various British colloquialisms, and overly formal sentence structure. I'll admit I think one of the best ways to look like a clown is to mix Japanese for the sake of coolness. I just like the fact that its too long and too awkward to use.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Episode 25 is basically too big for SWF's bandwidth to handle. You could just as easily download the mp3 and place it in your library, too...

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
We need to sound more like the characters from The Great Gatsby. Lots of needlessly long words, various British colloquialisms, and overly formal sentence structure. I'll admit I think one of the best ways to look like a clown is to mix Japanese for the sake of coolness. I just like the fact that its too long and too awkward to use.
I just finished studying the Great Gatsby at school. That's weird for you to mention it, old sport. By the way, nobody in Britain says old sport, except me on occasions.

SeanW

Smash Cadet
"Probably just because we like them so much."
-Regarding Tails, Knuckles and Silver's amount of detail in the Green Hill stage

Dear Samurai Panda,

Knuckles isn't playable in Brawl..nor is he an assist trophy...suck on that!

Love,
Masahiro Sakurai

In all seriousness though Knuckles would've been a nice addition, and with the rumors of Sega potentialy going bankrupt that I heard flying around a Sonic community or two, along with the pleas of Sonic fans wanting the Big N to buy the Sonic property...

All I'm saying is if these rumors become a reality MAYBE if there's a fourth Smash?

Just tossin' it out there, although this is all just hearsay and word of mouth I'm hearing. So if it doesn't come to be, don't be knockin' down my door with torches and pitchforks in hand.

Side Note: Man...I should lurk less and post more...yeesh.

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
Gah..I keep hearing rumors of downloadable characters.. All the proof I've seen is just an open magazine that's talking about the game. I can't really read Japanese in terms of comprehension, but I know all my hiragana and katakana...

Would Wii Ware just be in english if it were in the magazine? Seems like it would. I spose I need to take a better look at the picture. It's just that I doubt downloadable characters would ever work.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Seriously, Tails, Knuckles, and Silver only appear in the far-off background, and they still get these really detailed models? I mean, they look better than the freaking Pokeball Pokemon!

The sooner Nintendo announces that they're developing the next console Sonic game, the better.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Gah..I keep hearing rumors of downloadable characters.. All the proof I've seen is just an open magazine that's talking about the game. I can't really read Japanese in terms of comprehension, but I know all my hiragana and katakana...

Would Wii Ware just be in english if it were in the magazine? Seems like it would. I spose I need to take a better look at the picture. It's just that I doubt downloadable characters would ever work.

Don't buy into that picture or news at all, it is rather fake.

Ramboknife

Smash Cadet
Hey Youko, like you, I enjoy music. I've been a musician for as long as I can remember, and have had very high successes in bands (with links to illscarlett, death from above 1979, etc.). It seems to me that you use other peoples instrumentals (for example, the interview sound bit), to make SMYN. Well, to make the show with as little help from outside sources, I'd be willing to help you put together some quick sound bytes. Although I have not pursued this passion, and rather gone into the medical field, my close friend is currently going to school to be an engineer/producer, so I have unlimited use of professional equipment at my disposal. Let me know in a PM or e-mail (pistols_at_noon@hotmail.com) if you are both interested or not interested (so I know at least that you've read this). Thanks, hope to hear from you soon, we can discuss details later.

-Ramboknife

Smash Ace
Sakurai said:

Actually though, this is how detailed we’ve drawn them!

Probably just because we wanted to flip SamuraiPanda the virtual bird so much.
Awwww, isn't he such a nice guy?

Why does he have to do this every single time he reveals a non-playable character?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Tails looks gorgeous in the DOJO screenshot, man... I'm not a huge Tails fan or anything, and the last Sonic game I actually played was on the Genesis, but ****. That's perfect.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Sorry 'bout the double post, server timed out.

Anyway, Thanks again SamuraiPanda & Youko for making ep 32 one of my favorites by far.

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
Tis what I thought. My friends were being their usual ignorant selves in thinking that downloadable characters would work.

Argh...I already want the next SMYN....

I guess I just love listening to the sound of you guys talking about Brawl..
Sexay!

SeanW

Smash Cadet
Awwww, isn't he such a nice guy?

Why does he have to do this every single time he reveals a non-playable character?
Honestly, if Panda doesn't say anything about this I'd be very disappointed.

(Hahah one little fan disappointed, what a freakin tragedy! =D)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Youko, you should be proud of me.

After getting SO far behind in the podcast (due to the updateless week in December, causing me to not come here and listen to the pandacast), I finally just listened to episode 32, making it so I'm all caught up in all the episodes...

So now that I'm all caught up, I'll pay more attention to the podcast! You have my word.

And now...I feel sleepy all of a sudden...

626key

Smash Journeyman
I know this is off topic, but it sort of builds on the downloadable fighters theory (hopefully for the next smash bros.) What if you were given a base number of 40 fighters, BUT you could switch them out online, like say switch out Lucario for Mewtwo or Wolf for Krystal

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
Good podcast guys. cant wait for next one.

plz tell me im not the only one who looked at Tuesdays stage of the Mario Bros last caption and didnt think that was C Falcon for a moment. at a glance it looks like Mario and Metaknight make up C. Falcon.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I'm pretty sure that Falcon no longer has his power sou-I mean nipples in Brawl. I could be wrong, though, as I'm relying entirely on low-quality YouTube footage, but I suppose we'll find out once the Cap'n gets his obligatory update.

Anyway, looking forward to the next episode, guys! Since you'll have gotten a chance to play Brawl by this point (lucky Wolverines...), I'm eager to hear your impressions!

kaydon_esker

Smash Apprentice
Y'know, with all the talk of D3's pronounciation, I just looking at the game modes video and they pronounce him Dee-dee-dee. Problem solved! :)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
As Cyberlink420 stated, SamuraiPanda and I are playing Brawl today and then recording SMYN directly afterwards.

And now I let your minds imagine what this could mean for the episode.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Ha, well, I meant in terms of content...you know, considering I said "recording SMYN directly afterwards."

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
We'll see...I'm going to busy gathering video and info in my playing downtimes, but we'll see what happens!

But one thing is for sure: SP and I have to play the first documented All Clocks match. On Halberd, just like Ep. 19 says, lol.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Unfortunately, when the store we're playing at closes, that limits our time.

But I know exactly what you mean, hahaha.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Aww, I want to play a demo but I don't think there are any in Toronto yet =(. Wow. This thread has so many posts now

Top Bottom