• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Guys, guys, guys.

What's the sense of arguing over what Sonic game is best when we all know that Sonic 360 (Edit: 660? XD) and Sonic R are leaps and bounds ahead of any other game?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Guys, guys, guys.

What's the sense of arguing over what Sonic game is best when we all know that Sonic 660 and Sonic R are leaps and bounds ahead of any other game?
1. Sonic 660. Wut. Rofl.

2. Lies.

3. Let's stop talking about Sonic in the podcast thread.

4. Great secondary signature.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Dude, internet sarcasm fails.

Moving along... Panda's CoT4 story gave me chills. Made me feel like I was in a horror movie...

That coming from a Smash tourney story- hardcore.

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
lol youko,
I'm listening to episode 12 right now, (dont ask why.....) and it is the funniest thing ever to hear you rant about how the online mode is perfect and is going to be the best thing about brawl.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Anyone who wasn't excited about smashing online at that time was only fooling themselves.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
if both youko and samurai panda go to genesis i say they have a live SMYN radio broadcast type thing like how panda did at CoT4. its still months off so plenty of time to plan it.

Revven

FrankerZ
For anyone that liked the discussion of Brawl+ in Episode 2 of the SBR podcast you can now start to follow Brawl+'s own podcast that discusses a range of topics that relate to Brawl+. The first episode just came out this morning and I'd appreciate some kind of feedback, maybe? I dunno, anyway, just posting this in here for anyone curious about Brawl+ and want to know more about it.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=222410

^That's the thread.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
The CORRECT answer is Chun ****ing Li and Dan "the man" Hibiki.

I was really interested in El fuerte but I heard he's REALLY bad. Like..... Worse than Dan bad. Even though he has an infinite.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I wanted to play El Fuerte, but after trying him I couldn't get the hang of it, that and Ken still destroys all (along with Dan).

Edit: Did I just kill the thread?

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
doubt it.

On topic, I haven't played SF4 yet, but I am interested in Vega (my favorite character since I played SF2 15 years ago (I was 2 at the time) and El Fuerte looks pretty cool. As for anyone else, Cammy and Sakura look interesting.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Me bored. Me wants a good TV show/anime that me hasn't seen before. Me want recommendations.

Also, I'm enjoying Dan/Gouken/Rose/Bison/Balrog/Sakura/Fei Long/Blanka right now. Especially Dan. I don't know what it is, but I love playing with him.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
DAN! Panda is the MAN! /internet high five

Darker than Black? My friend (who's also addicted to Hajime no Ippo) is into...... this baseball one? Ummm... One Outs? He said that's recent but I think I heard of it before..... There's that Dragonball thing that'll probably kill your childhood.

And of course, YUGIOH 5DS. DUDE! YUGIOH! ON MOTORCYCLES! WTIH TEN TIMES THE EMO ACTION OF PREVIOUS YUGIOH SERIES! AND IF YOU WATCHED THE OTHERS YOU KNOW THAT'S ALOT! /cruise control

lol. Mentioning Dan and Dragonball in the same post made me realize how much he's like Mr. Satan/Hercule. XD

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Darker than Black?
Started good, but sucked later on.

My friend (who's also addicted to Hajime no Ippo) is into...... this baseball one? Ummm... One Outs?
Hm... I'll check it out.

There's that Dragonball thing that'll probably kill your childhood.
No. Nonononono. No.

No.

And of course, YUGIOH 5DS. DUDE! YUGIOH! ON MOTORCYCLES! WTIH TEN TIMES THE EMO ACTION OF PREVIOUS YUGIOH SERIES! AND IF YOU WATCHED THE OTHERS YOU KNOW THAT'S ALOT! /cruise control
I want to punch you through the internet right now.

Have you ever seen Firefly? There was only 14 episodes and it's amazing.
Firefly was awesome.

I'm watching some random series called Toradora now. Its pretty entertaining, and it'll give me something to do between games.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Ah, yes, I've seen Toradora. Pretty good, although it seems like that show keeps switching sub groups...

As for recommendations, I just sent you an entire list, so that should cover things pretty nicely.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Have you taken a look at the manga +Anima? I saw it in school and picked it up for a little bit. The short parts that I read were kinda interesting.

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
doubt it.

On topic, I haven't played SF4 yet, but I am interested in Vega (my favorite character since I played SF2 15 years ago (I was 2 at the time) and El Fuerte looks pretty cool. As for anyone else, Cammy and Sakura look interesting.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but, Vega got nerfed big time. Everyone considers him to be in the running for worst character so far.

If anyone wants to play me PSN: MajinSweet

Mostly use Ken/Akuma!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Sagat and Akuma (according to the new Japanese tier list) are the best, while Vega and El Fuerte are the worst.

And apparently my Dan is really good, 'cept against shotos. I think I might use Rose for shotos and Dan for everyone else.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Hey, remember when this was a podcast thread? I do. Good times.

If you guys want to continue this type of discussion, we do indeed have a fan forum: http://smyn.smashnexus.net/community

So uh, we kinda haven't planned for an episode this weekend with the SBR. Plus it's our spring break and there's a tournament in Chicago this weekend...

If you guys have an idea for a topic that you want to hear for the next SBR episode (probably NEXT weekend), definitely let us know here.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Well as far as topics go I would like to hear about the ledge game of Brawl; camping the ledge and stalling in particular and how this can potentially ruin the metagame. I always thought that this was a MUCH more serious issue than the MK question or infinites ever were.

Top Bottom