• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The server is in them middle of a transition. I've already purchased the new hardware and uploaded the site code. However, the name servers are still slowing updating; they take between 24 and 48 hours to update. In other words, the "smashnexus.net" domain still points to my old Bravenet server even though the site is somewhere else. It should fix at some random point today or tomorrow. Please be patient.
It sounds like EVERYONE GO TO THE FORUM CHAT TOMORROW DURING THE PODCAST
I am going to have discourage this idea for at least one more episode. Bandwidth is different from latency/memory. The virtually unlimited bandwidth will help in terms of hosting the episode downloads, but it really does nothing for the chat room. The problem with the chat room is that the high number of users hits the server hard, making rapid HTTP requests, pushing the RAM usage up high, and causing the host people to freak out.

In other words, I am still investigating how to handle the sheer weight of so many people being in the chat room. Downloads are not a problem because each person makes ONE server request, and it just streams data to that person.

/techno speech

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
The server is in them middle of a transition. I've already purchased the new hardware and uploaded the site code. However, the name servers are still slowing updating; they take between 24 and 48 hours to update. In other words, the "smashnexus.net" domain still points to my old Bravenet server even though the site is somewhere else. It should fix at some random point today or tomorrow. Please be patient.

I am going to have discourage this idea for at least one more episode. Bandwidth is different from latency/memory. The virtually unlimited bandwidth will help in terms of hosting the episode downloads, but it really does nothing for the chat room. The problem with the chat room is that the high number of users hits the server hard, making rapid HTTP requests, pushing the RAM usage up high, and causing the host people to freak out.

In other words, I am still investigating how to handle the sheer weight of so many people being in the chat room. Downloads are not a problem because each person makes ONE server request, and it just streams data to that person.

/techno speech

tl;dr

Awww **** smashnexus coming back...(wait?).

CVA! Thread PLUG! Throw it out there Youko deadline is Dec. 1!

Less than three

MiraiGen

Smash Ace

/techno speech
"But doctor, wouldn't that cause a parabolic destabilization of the fission singularity?"

Good to hear about the new server. Old server was old.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Gaiz.

Misunderestimate is a word.
It was used in Death Note: Another Note- Los Angeles BB Murder Cases. I'll get a quote later. I left my copy at school. >_>

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I hope I can be around for the live feed tomorrow. I keep missing episodes. Stupid real life distractions. T_T

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So the episode is today at 8 PM Eastern.

And I'm nervous as hell, cuz I still have yet to hear from Ego regarding an email I sent him on Friday to confirm the time. I've done all this advertising and it will look pretty bad if he forgets/bails on us. He's only one of my "internet idols," after all, and that's saying something.

...No pressure though, right? Be sure to tune into http://www.stickam.com/smyn to find out how it all goes. And we'll have a download link up for this one (ideally) by tomorrow. Count on it.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
It would seem the new server is up and running. I am working on uploading every single SMYN episode ever. :)

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
When's SMYN going to be on Itunes?
Let's say it again, everyone!

"We're waiting on MLG to solidify SMYN/its iTunes feed on the new server."

You can still download the episodes (episode 40 included) from the first post as usual and then import it to your iTunes if having the file in that program is so vital at this point in time.
There ya go.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Let's say it again, everyone!

"We're waiting on MLG to solidify SMYN/its iTunes feed on the new server."

You can still download the episodes (episode 40 included) from the first post as usual and then import it to your iTunes if having the file in that program is so vital at this point in time.
...No...no, I'm not even going to answer this one. I've answered these types of questions too much already. Not to mention I already told you what "complete" meant earlier in this thread, Tyrael.
Complete means I have a file. As I've said the other threads and I'm sure you've read, the trick is to get that file online with stability by talking to MLG.
"Waiting on MLG" generally meeeeeeeans...

I'm quite aware that we haven't uploaded ep. 40 on iTunes yet. This is why we have the download link in the first post for you to listen to in the meanwhile.
We are still dealing with a server move to MLG, so iTunes is not working atm...
So we have a download link up! iTUNES will NOT BE UPDATED until MLG gets something straightened away on their end, which we can't be too sure when that will be.

In other words, this is only a temporary link, but one you can listen to nonetheless!

http://media.mlgpro.com/smashboards/smyn/DOJO1001.mp3
With the MLG server move, there are temporary problems at the moment with uploading the file in the right place, etc. I am communicating with Kirby King about it though, but I can't give a solid release time.
We are STILL going through server move issues with MLG...please be patient when it comes to iTunes...

/wallofquotes

Now will people please stop asking that question?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
He has not yet.

And SamuraiPanda is going to have to miss the episode because of a lot of complications.

Things might have to get delayed. Stay tuned.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Isn't it at 8?

I'm going to go nap before the show starts. If I'm not there I overslept or was kidnapped.

OIC.

No Panda? How does THAT work?

Good luck getting everything all straightened though.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I have a dinner appointment tonight. Ugggggh... I hope I make it back for SMYN.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
I have a dinner appointment tonight. Ugggggh... I hope I make it back for SMYN.
LOL @ "I am not a Moderator" ...i've already said congrats but ill say it again, congrats xD

And you better make it back in time :O haha

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
If you lose any bit of the recording, we will end you.

No pressure.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
In other news, I fixed my computer finally. Its running ridiculously fast, and I'm thoroughly impressed at how awesome it is right now. I guess in some ways its worth the headache I went through to make it work again. Good lucky to Cyberlink and Youko on the episode. This is the first episode I've missed since I started with the podcast. Not a bad track record if I say so myself :D

EDIT: Yeah, thats me in the chat ^_^

Top Bottom