• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shovel Knight ~ Steel Thy Shovel! Amiibo CONFIRMED!

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Hey, folks. I've been a SK supporter for a while (no, I'm not a bandwagoner), but realized I've never stopped in here.

I don't think anything big will happen for him any time soon, but I definitely support.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Looks like they started a "Nindy" event. This just came up. SK content tonight, perhaps?

Edit:
It went down. It was an announcement that Kerbal Space Program was on the U. I guess it was meant for tomorrow (when they DO have a Nindie event, now that I Googled) and they accidentally put it up early.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just heard about this rumor that Shovel Knight might be DLC. I'm actually neutral about Shovel Knight but I would still welcome his inclusion if it turns out to be true.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Hmmmm... It isn't Smash-edition, but that's incredible nonetheless.

I am willing to fight for that amiibo.

I WOULD KILL FOR THAT AMIIBO

Graizen

Smash Champion
Not being a Smash amiibo does not mean it will not work on Smash!

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Hmmm.

NOT Smash edition, and no mention of Smash in the amiibo description. I mean, amiibos don't have to be a certain edition to be compatible, but this would be the first time we've gotten a non-Smash one first.

It would be weird to get 2 SKs, with it being 3rd party indy and all, but I guess we do have 6 Yoshis...

Graizen

Smash Champion
Hmmm.

NOT Smash edition, and no mention of Smash in the amiibo description. I mean, amiibos don't have to be a certain edition to be compatible, but this would be the first time we've gotten a non-Smash one first.

It would be weird to get 2 SKs, with it being 3rd party indy and all, but I guess we do have 6 Yoshis...
Why put "smash" there? Sakurai would kill someone.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Why put "smash" there? Sakurai would kill someone.
Isn't the theory that SK will be announced alongside the amiibo?
Though I guess we could get SK amiibo and then announce SK in Smash later. But I was kind of assuming, with the Smash leak happening right now, that they would be connected.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Though I guess we could get SK amiibo and then announce SK in Smash later. But I was kind of assuming, with the Smash leak happening right now, that they would be connected.
The Twitter post got taken down.
Yatch Club haven't posted about it yet.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No. All the leaker said was that he believed Shovel Knight was getting one.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It is not a Smash Amiibo, but that doesn't mean Shovel Knight isn't a DLC for the game yet.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I honestly don't care that it's not a Smash amiibo, or what games it will be compatible with - if it's legitimate (and it certainly looks like it - at the very least, the amiibo doesn't match up with any pre-existing artwork to my knowledge), I want one!

Also, if that's true, it's coming out much sooner than I would expect, considering it would likely be announced tonight at Nintendo's Nindies event. Then again, I suppose they would want to get it out in time for the holidays.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
The amiibo releases November 27. That's two weeks after Mewtwo's amiibo and earlier than the Lucas/Roy/Ryu one. Maybe Shovel Knight is coming soon!

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
The amiibo releases November 27. That's two weeks after Mewtwo's amiibo and earlier than the Lucas/Roy/Ryu one. Maybe Shovel Knight is coming soon!
Or it could be that we're getting amiibo compatibility in SK soon, and SK in Smash is later.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I seriously need to buy Shovel Knight soon. That way I can understand how he can actually work in a Smash environment (plus playing an indie game that isn't Shantae for once).

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Or it could be that we're getting amiibo compatibility in SK soon, and SK in Smash is later.
That's true, but there's a chance that the boxart isn't final. It might be the smash amiibo! His pose is different than the boxart. Is that normal?

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
That's true, but there's a chance that the boxart isn't final. It might be the smash amiibo! His pose is different than the boxart. Is that normal?
No. I guess since it's a new "series" it could be a redesign or something, but it's not typical.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

It's happening!!!!
YAY!!!!!!! (I think)

I can see it fans are reaction like this

Start at 0:40
Hercules = shovel knight supporters

Hades = haters

I mean this is significant for the rumor. I mean im having a hard time telling its fake.....For now

(But im not getting suck in just yet i mean i could be a faked image just like the dr mario stage and the rayman leak.)

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
Guys, seriously. Don't take this as confirmation.

This is a Shovel Knight amiibo. Yes.

It's real. Yes.

That doesn't mean it has anything to do with Smash. Yatch Club games have been hyping up a special announcement for exclusive content for the Nintendo version of Shovel Knight for quite a while now, this is obviously it. Like, seriously, don't do this to yourselves.

This timing is not even a coincidence, we've known for a while that Yatch Club was gonna announce something for Nintendo's version sometime soon, since they already have exclusive content for PS4 and Xbox One. The Smash rumor comes precisely because they've been working on a Shovel Knight amiibo for Shovel Knight, and everyone is just instantly assuming that amiibo = Smash Character.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
YAY!!!!!!! (I think)

I can see it fans are reaction like this

Start at 0:40
Hercules = shovel knight supporters

Hades = haters

I mean this is significant for the rumor. I mean im having a hard time telling its fake.....For now

(But im not getting suck in just yet i mean i could be a faked image just like the dr mario stage and the rayman leak.)
This post is just too perfect that it hurts.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Guys, seriously. Don't take this as confirmation.

This is a Shovel Knight amiibo. Yes.

It's real. Yes.

That doesn't mean it has anything to do with Smash. Yatch Club games have been hyping up a special announcement for exclusive content for the Nintendo version of Shovel Knight for quite a while now, this is obviously it. Like, seriously, don't do this to yourselves.

This timing is not even a coincidence, we've known for a while that Yatch Club was gonna announce something for Nintendo's version sometime soon, since they already have exclusive content for PS4 and Xbox One. The Smash rumor comes precisely because they've been working on a Shovel Knight amiibo for Shovel Knight, and everyone is just instantly assuming that amiibo = Smash Character.
Correct

But the amiibo is not final

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Even if Shovel Knight isn't in smash, his amiibo is awesome and the extras Shovel Knight is getting like Plague Knight are awesome enough to be hype anyways.

Khao

Smash Lord
Correct

But the amiibo is not final
Doesn't mean it's suddenly gonna get changed to a Smash design out of nowhere. If this was a Smash amiibo, it would have been designed as such from the beginning.

Even if Shovel Knight isn't in smash, his amiibo is awesome and the extras Shovel Knight is getting like Plague Knight are awesome enough to be hype anyways.
Haha, definitely, I'm gonna be playing Plague Knight as soon as it's released, and I don't even care what this amiibo is for or what it does in-game, I'm buying it day 1. I'm just trying to get the Smash hype down so everyone is not so dissapointed when they finally make the announcement of whatever Shovel Knight content they're gonna use this with, and they realize it has nothing to do with a new Smash character.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

It's happening!!!!
This has nothing to do with Smash, as it is Shovel Knight branded.

This pretty much debunks the entire rumour of him coming as DLC, as it relied on there being a Smash amiibo. Seems retailers just automatically associated Amiibo with Smash since Smash is the most Amiibo-centric game thus far.

Not saying it can't still happen, especially if he wins the ballot or at least places highly, but you're back to square one in terms clues and hints. This Amiibo doesn't relate to Smash in any way.

It's still really cool though. I haven't played Shovel Knight yet as I was waiting on the Nintendo exclusive content to decide which version to get. I was gonna go for the one that had the best content, but I'll likely go with Wii U now since there is an Amiibo.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
This has nothing to do with Smash, as it is Shovel Knight branded.

This pretty much debunks the entire rumour of him coming as DLC, as it relied on there being a Smash amiibo. Seems retailers just automatically associated Amiibo with Smash since Smash is the most Amiibo-centric game thus far.

Not saying it can't still happen, especially if he wins the ballot or at least places highly, but you're back to square one in terms clues and hints. This Amiibo doesn't relate to Smash in any way.

It's still really cool though. I haven't played Shovel Knight yet as I was waiting on the Nintendo exclusive content to decide which version to get. I was gonna go for the one that had the best content, but I'll likely go with Wii U now since there is an Amiibo.
This wasn't the only source of the rumor. Takami also said he's in, and Takami is reliable.
It could be mass confusion that his source got confused about, but let's wait and see. At least wait for the official amiibo announcement.

Top Bottom