• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shovel Knight ~ Steel Thy Shovel! Amiibo CONFIRMED!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Shovel Knight is still a very unknown character and his games haven't been released in Japan. I think fans have an innate understanding that third party characters should be special and not just any Tom **** or Harry. (like how Smashboards censored a common saying)
No. Shovel Knight is not just an Tom **** or Harry. He is Shovel Knight. He is the embodiment of Shovelry itself.
Smash should be honored that his creators want him in Smash.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
A spanish retailer listed a shovel knight amiibo, said to function with Smash.

The shovel knight ppl deconfirmed it.

But they could be lying as per nintendo agreement. Or like false flag.

Like when they said no physical copy was in development.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
idk, I think they are telling the truth to be honest.
Although Shovel Knight in Smash would shatter the hell out of everyone's expectations, especially if he was...the very first character chosen for the ballot. That'd be insanity.

Meanwhile the Shovel Knight supporters be like:

Morbi

Scavenger
A spanish retailer listed a shovel knight amiibo, said to function with Smash.

The shovel knight ppl deconfirmed it.

But they could be lying as per nintendo agreement. Or like false flag.

Like when they said no physical copy was in development.
Perhaps; however, they could have chosen to remain silent and achieved the same effect. It sounds fairly conspiracy-esque to claim that they were doing it to divert our attention. It is still possible though, ha ha. :shades:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Perhaps; however, they could have chosen to remain silent and achieved the same effect. It sounds fairly conspiracy-esque to claim that they were doing it to divert our attention. It is still possible though, ha ha. :shades:
Not that it makes a difference here, but two things:

1: The developer has been talking about Shovel Knight in Smash, answering questions and retweeting fan stuff for a while now. Going silent after this would look pretty weird and...

2: Apparently they have played dumb before. They had pretended to not know the EU release date when they had recorded info on it for a direct that day. They also denied the listing of a physical version of Shovel Knight being accurate, when it turned out it was.

I don't think he's in, but their deconfirmation isn't really that.

RetroBro

Smash Ace

Dunno where this is from, but I just saw this in another thread... fake or real?

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Ahhhh, I recently bought Shovel Knight for the 3DS and it was a joy to play. Really what a indie retro throwback should aim to be.

I think Shovel Knight would be a great unique addition to the roster :) Good luck fellahs! I'm rooting for you all.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Plague of Shadows looks so sick. If Shovel Knight comes with a new assist trophy it will definitely be Plague Knight.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, definitely. And he would be one of the most annoying Assist Trophies ever, lol.
I swear that Shovel Knight representation in Smash doesn't even have to be thought about, it all fits so perfectly. His moveset, hi stage, the Assist Trophy, the music, it's all very simple.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I don't believe in Shovel Knight having any big chances of being playable in Smash and to be honest, I would pick Quote/Curly Brace (Cave Story) instead as an indie rep, BUT Shovel Knight was my GOTY in 2014 and I am looking forward to play it for the third time with the Plague of Shadows DLC, so I wanted to say hi and chill with you guys :)

Reila

Of course someone posts evidence Shovel Knight is in Smash right after I said I don't believe Shovel Knight has any chances. XD

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
I can't exactly determine how strong the evidence is given that it really is so vague, but it certainly isn't outside the realms of possibility. But a reveal trailer for a Smash character at PAX seems unlikely to me really. We'll see what happens anyway.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
What if it's a Mii costume and someone just got confused or something? Maybe it covers a lot (Full body armor) and looks just like SK? Or someone who just doesn't know a lot about Smash leaked it?

Do we have confirmation of multiple sources? Or just one really strong source?

Not trying to be the pessimist, trying to dig out all possibilities is all.

Last edited:

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
It could be for the Mii costume, but...I don't think so. If that amiibo leak is involved it couldn't be a Mii costume.
What if he's getting an amiibo for unrelated reasons?
Like, maybe an indy series of amiibo with compatibility in their games and the usual little bonuses in others? Ninty has been cozying up with indy devs lately.
SK is getting an update, so it would be a good time to add in amiibo compatibility.

Or one rumor could be true but the amiibo one fake. It's happened before.

Last edited:

Reila

It might be just an amiibo with Super Mario Maker related functionalities.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't trust this leak. Nintendo tends not to do cross-advertising like that. True there's some but they resisted putting the new toothy Pac-Man. Not like PSASBR which had Young Heitchi, Donte and Rising Raiden.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
I don't trust this leak. Nintendo tends not to do cross-advertising like that. True there's some but they resisted putting the new toothy Pac-Man. Not like PSASBR which had Young Heitchi, Donte and Rising Raiden.
That was Sakurai though. He said it was the Pac-Man World design or no Pac.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That was Sakurai though. He said it was the Pac-Man World design or no Pac.
I've heard that before but I never got an proper source for it. You got one?

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
It seems closer and closer the release of Shovel Knight for Smash, it has multiple sources. I never expect this character, all that Reedit stuff help him a lot.

.n_n.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I think it's real and Shovel Knight will be in the game. Can't say I'm VERY excited for him though.

Reila

I don't think it is real, but I am starting to hope it is just because of how ridiculously other characters' supporters are acting towards the idea.

"B-but Shovel Knight doesn't deserve to be in Smash"

Edit: And because I say this, the rumor is supposedly debunked. :p

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The most we can really do is wait for an announcement (or lack thereof).
There's nothing particularly for this leak but there's nothing that kills it either. As far as I know.
Mainly because it's one guy claiming "I know stuff". Hard to disprove.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
GET HYPE BOIS!

S H O V E L K N I G H T S !

Last edited:

Reila

I agree.

These past two years of speculation/hype/etc should have taught us to not hype anything until there's at least a video proving the character is in the game.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I agree.

These past two years of speculation/hype/etc should have taught us to not hype anything until there's at least a video proving the character is in the game.
Err, I would extend that to a gameplay video.
Artsy Omni has demonstrated a video is not always enough. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom