• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shoulder ram

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
How do people feel about Sammy's shoulder ram attack? How do you like to use it?

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Good knock back on it when it lands, and I want to say it's a safe approach as she can ram through shields, preventing her from getting blocked. I've been using my main a lot more than my secondary, so forgive me if the last bit is false information.

Inger

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kalificus
3DS FC
1349-5584-0682
It comboes at low percentages. It passes through a shielding enemy, enabling it to dodge grabs. Kills around 190%. A very safe option for shield pressure or tech chasing. It is one of her best abilities, in my opinion.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
It comboes at low percentages. It passes through a shielding enemy, enabling it to dodge grabs. Kills around 190%. A very safe option for shield pressure or tech chasing. It is one of her best abilities, in my opinion.
Indeed. I like to use it out of zair and from projectile pressure to catch opponents trying to rush in.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
It has a pretty good bit of end lag doesn't it? I mean if they ground dodge it they get a free grab.

Tumultus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheTumultus
It can actually get you shield grabbed real easy. I'd use it sparingly against a shield happy opponent

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
Use it to punish people that are landing, assuming you don't have a charged CS.

-_ellipsis_-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HCLargesse
It can actually get you shield grabbed real easy. I'd use it sparingly against a shield happy opponent
If you input it late and in their face, and they shield, you pass through them and possibly bait a shield grab. Possible free punish.
If they roll behind, you probably caught their roll.
If they roll through you, back to neutral.
That's generally how I've seen it go.

Top Bottom