• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should we expect more dlc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
As I'm sure most of you all know, Mewtwo and Miiverse have been confirmed as a dlc character and stage.
Do you think we can expect to see more of this in the future? Or do you think this is a one time thing?

Last edited:

Fogs

Smash Cadet
I don't know if I should, by I sure will expect more cut veterans to come back. Please don't disappoint me, mr. Sakurai!

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Considering how Nintendo has been with DLC with other titles, I kinda doubt they'd not do it with a game like Smash Bros that literally EVERYONE owns.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Expect it? No. That'd lead to disappointment, after all.

Hope for it and support it? You better believe it. :p

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Nintendo hasn't done DLC as small as one character and one stage yet.

I don't see them starting that with Smash. I bet we'll have more DLC in the initial pack in March with Mewtwo and Miiverse, as well as future packs after that and a nice costume bonus for season passing it.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Probably. Nintendo has been trying to add a lot of DLC to their other games so they might do more Smash Bros. DLC.

Last edited:

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping that the DLC isn't limited to just characters and stages.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I would expect some stages, nee modes, and costumes. I wouldnt expect too many characters beyond Mewtwo. I think they have to be at or around Mewtwo's iconic status to be considered, and there arent too many 1st party characters at the level. I'm expecting 4, but no higher than 8.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The layout of the character select screen seems to suggest that several more will be added after Mewtwo. Also, let's not kid ourselves, making Mewtwo DLC is going to bury Nintendo in money so I sincerely doubt they'll just stop at him.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'd expect more. Much more. But the characters need to be able to sell themselves, as they're not in the game and will need to be paid for separately- Mewtwo can EASILY do this. Not many other first party characters can. I'd suspect K. Rool probably could for newcomers, and honestly, i feel any of the cut veterans could because they have their fans. I know i'd buy Lucas in a heartbeat...

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'd say Wolf easily. There is so much hinting at him in the games that it's not even funny. I'd say he was even more hinted at than Mewtwo. So yeah I think Wolf is DLC. WOLF FOR DLC:wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
Man honestly, after thinking about it, I don't think Nintendo would pass up on more dlc for Smash. All their big titles have had dlc as of late and in my opinion, smash is unarguably one of, if not Nintendo's best title. The fanservice we've been receiving with MK8 & Hyrule Warriors has been amazing, I just can't see them not giving us dlc for something as hype/big as smash. I don't want to get my hopes up to then be disappointed, but it just seems very likely that we'll get more later on.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I have a feeling the DLC we get will be for whatever the equivalent of the forbidden seven are for this game.

Grovbi

Smash Rookie
I'm sure Nintendo has more in store for us, I'd be very surprised if they stopped at 1 character and stage.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Miiverse is a stage?

Great let Mii guess the stage hazard is troll posts.

I think it would rather anti-climatic if we didn't see anymore dlc characters, and please let one of them be Ridley out of any character to have dlc.

robot067

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3961-8884-7684
Don't see why not. Nintendo could use it to promote new games and pleasing us fans. It's a win-win :bee:.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I would guess so; I wonder if there will be anything else for Mario Kart passed the two announced packs, and if maybe the Smash DLC would work like that,

Italian_Boy1Up

Smash Rookie
I'm fairly confident that there will be AT LEAST one more DLC character. You can see my explanation in my thread going on entitled "One more DLC character after Mewtwo". I'd post the link, but sadly I don't have 10 posts on this site yet =X.

I would expect two waves of DLC, much like Mario Kart. I bet we'll get Mewtwo with a new stage or two (I don't think Miiverse is going to really count as DLC, it's only coming out later because it requires users participation before it can run). I think come Summer, we'll get another character with another few new stages.

Heck, we could look outside the box too, we could get new music or modes too. DLC doesn't have to be exclusively limited to stages and characters =). But I'd definitely expect at least one more character and due to the texture leak for the stage DLC buttons, I'd expect more stages too.

Belink

Smash Rookie
Spectatives DLC¨s for Smash 4:

Smash Bros 4 First Dlc (17/03/15):

New Characters in DLC:
Mewtwo
Wolf
Newcomer for Legend of Zelda

Stages:
Pokemon Stadium 4
Miiverse
Ice Climber Scenary

Smash Bros 4 Second Dlc (04/09/15):

New Characters in DLC:
Rayman
Ice Climbers
Newcomer for Pokemon (Like Grass Type)

Stages:
Rayman Stage
Duck Hunt Dog Stage
F-Zero Stage
Retuning of Fountain of Dreams (Kirby Stage on Melee)

Updates for Online service and Tournament mode.

*Sorry for my "Engrish"*

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I feel like Ridley is a "big" enough character who, as a highly wanted newcomer deserves to premier in a new game entirely, instead of just as DLC. But of course, I still won't object if he is added as Smash 4 DLC.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I feel like Ridley is a "big" enough character who, as a highly wanted newcomer deserves to premier in a new game entirely, instead of just as DLC. But of course, I still won't object if he is added as Smash 4 DLC.
Maybe he can be a map in the mario party mode

Aldri

Smash Cadet
It would seem unusual to have only one DLC character. If Mewtwo is free to all who have both game versions, that cuts down on the most intense Nintendo fans who would actually pay for him. There must be other incentives for DLC for Nintendo to make the big bucks.

Also, consider Mewtwo's release date. Spring. While games tend to be released in the fall and winter to coincide with the holiday shopping season, announcements for upcoming games are usually made in the spring and summer, what with E3 and the like. This would be a good time to release DLC for characters who will feature in the games that are announced in the spring, to create even more hype for those titles. Imagine how exciting that would be--a new Golden Sun game announced for 3DS, and Isaac for Smash DLC! A new, original Nintendo IP, and the main character can be downloaded in Smash right now!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If that job listing for "Smash 6" really did relate to dlc, then I'd expect Sakurai to really go to town with dlc.

To refer to dlc as "Smash 6" it would have to be a substantial undertaking.

mark welford

Smash Ace
where are there more hints to wolf i think its the exact opposite sorry
umm his theme song, lylat cruise and if your are a fan of StarFox you would know that team StarWolf helped Fox and crew in the invasion of the aparoid homeworld which they couldn't get to w/o the orbital gate.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I'm just going to stay pessimistic and say we aren't getting any more
that way if we do I can scream like a schoolgirl

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Since mewtwo is free with both versions I won't be surprised if he's a standalone character. Mii verse will probably be a free stage that comes out with all those sharing features they cut for retail to get the game out on time.

Because of the huge amount of time it takes to make more characters I don't expect many, but they can do some cool costumes and alts or clone characters to fill out the dlc that they do do

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Yes.

As I said in another thread, it's unlikely the staff will be working on just Mewtwo. Also, Sakurai has talked about other things like adding Tips via updates and a lot of thing not being available on release which suggest they are genuinely working on post release content. There is also the fact there is a huge potential for an extra profit.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I expect Rayman. The reason being is that they made a big deal about his trophy announcement. I bet he was offered too late to be in the game so they are considering him as DLC.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get Ice Climbers (Wii U only), Lucas, Wolf, and/or Roy as well. (They should just make Roy an alternate costume for Lucina or Marth).

mark welford

Smash Ace
@ SmashChu SmashChu this might be a little off topic but I don't understand your profile picture please explain to me! now back on topic Nintendo know DLC for smash would be missed money and think what would be a good idea is to have a 4 character pack of Mewtwo, Wolf, Lucas and Ice climbers a $20 pack they would fly off digital shelves because they are the 4 most wanted characters right now that is if demand stays high for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom