• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Wal-mart Host smash tournaments?

smash-aholic

Smash Cadet
Ok, This sound fairly reasonable to me. I think it would be
a good idea if Wal-mart would host a smash tournament.
They have enough tvs, space and, gamecubes. why not?
They would probably gain money as well. And if you live in
the middle of nowhere it would be a good chance to finaly get into
a tournament. Does this all make sence to anyone else?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
If no one blocked the access of the other shoppers, then I don't think Wal-Mart would have a problem with it. Also, noise, theft, and cursing would also play into it. (that's why we can't have them at GameWare anymore)

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I see what you're saying. And it would be a great thing indeed. But then kids would start complaining about Halo tournaments. Or Call of Duty, maybe even Guitar Hero tournaments. The place would turn to chaos, nobody would shop. And that is what employees hate; people coming to their establishments just to use features at the store and not purchase anything.

The best I could see happening from this would be either if this "tournament" were held near or outside a walmart, or only being a one-time and really quick deal.

Zatren6

Smash Apprentice
The price would have to be pretty high...

I doubt Walmart would ever agree, but it'd be cool, especially since I live across the street from one.

But again, it probably wouldn't happen, and the price would be high to compensate for us using all their features and not buying anything.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Wal-Mart's too concerned about profit to worry about pleasing the Smash community.

Unless you know the manager of one, I doubt that this plan would work.

It is always worth a try, I suppose...

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Hmmm it would only work if they didn't decide to **** the pot. True they could charge a door fee, but that would probably be mad expensive. Then the entry fee itself and the prize pay out... I don't think to many people would be interested in paying that much money unless it was a really large tournout.

Top Bottom