• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should there be any more more Mario charactrs added?

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
So,do you think they should more add Mario characters(DK and Wario don't really count, since they've branched out into their own franchises)? I think there's a couple they could add(I think they should throw out Dr.Mario,however.) I mean,it Nintendo's biggest franchise,so you know they will. When they do,I hope they put Toad,Bowser Jr.(if only because we need more villians and he would have a fun moveset) and Paper Mario.

I know people already are gonna be screaming for Geno, but lets it, if Square Enix is going to add someone, its going to one of their A-listers, like Cloud or Sora.

Also,Waluigi would have a fun moveset, but we know next to nothing about him,and we more about him is revealed,he'll be nothing more than a filler character.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Also,Waluigi would have a fun moveset, but we know next to nothing about him,and we more about him is revealed,he'll be nothing more than a filler character.
What do we need to learn more about him?

And Geno would be great! Sora would be...okay, but why would they THINk about adding Cloud?

And I despise Bowser Jr.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I think it's between Toad, Bowser jr. and Waluigi. I think Waluigi has the least chances of the three and I'm torn on Toad and bowser jr.
Why not both? I mean, its such a huge franchise,they'll probably have at least 7 or 8 Mario chars.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I say there should be 8 Mario characters in Brawl (the Dr. getting kicked out) would leave us 5 more spaces (Wario, DK, and Yoshi shouldn't count)

Just take a look at SSB64 and SSBMelee the Mario characters fraction grew. What's it going to stop it now?

My five picks would be:

1: Daisy
2: Birdo
3: Bowser Jr.
4: Geno or Mallow
5: Waluigi

Rash

Smash Ace
Replace Dr. Mario with Geno. And that's all you'll need.

Mario's franchise is whored-out enough as it is. Keep as much room for other Nintendo franchises as possible!

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
The only one needed to be added is Bowser Jr. IF he uses his Brush or can become Shadow Mario, because, darn it, I want to fling paint everywhere!

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi and Wario are Mario characters. You could make a case for DK being a bit more independent, I suppose, but Yoshi and Wario should be counted among the Mario characters. I wouldn't mind one or two more characters from the franchise, but no more than that. And for the love of God, boot Doc.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
1 or 2, but to characters that actually deserve it and can have original movesets.

And not Waluigi, he hasn't been in a single non-"party" or sport game. He's just there as filler so Wario has a teammate.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I hate this fact, but it's so true.....

Since Mario & friends/rivals/foes are the backbone of the Nintendo franchise, naturally, they're going to get the most representation in Brawl. I'm gonna say atleast 6 to 7 characters. A scary thought yes, but so very true.

If it were up to me, I'd do my best to distribute character representation equally. *sucks teeth* They might as well call it Super Smash Mario Franchise Brothers.

The Director

Smash Lord
I think the Mario characters that have the best chances of being added to Brawl are Daisy, Bowser Jr., Geno, Boshi and Toad. (possibly Toad and Toadette as a team, since Toad's a little ***** on his own!)

I just hope they don't add generic characters like koopa or goomba or boo like they did with Mario Party...

A lot of people don't want Waluigi...I kind of don't either, he's somewhat of a goon. With the addition of Wario, and Waluigi being in so many games since Melee's release, I have a bad feeling that he'll be in there as well.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Petey Pirahna will be in this game. Because Nintendo puts him in EVERY game no matter how much we hate him.

The Director

Smash Lord
Oh God no...not Petey Pirahna. Nintendo thinks we like him, but in reality he's bigger than Bowser and has no eyes.

I don't think he'll appear in Brawl, but who knows. We've been surprised before.

nuro

Smash Lord
I just realized something. Wouldn't Paper Mario be very similar graphically with Mr. Game and Watch? I think it would be very cool if they put the two right next to each other. I could imagine there would be an event called battle of the paper characters.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I know it will not happen, and I know nobody likes the idea, but I'd love a "generic" Mario character like Paratroopa, Dry Bones, etc. I mean, Yoshi is a "generic" character, so why can't we have a "generic" Dry Bones? I'm a huge Mario fan, so I might not be very objective...

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Oh God no...not Petey Pirahna. Nintendo thinks we like him, but in reality he's bigger than Bowser and has no eyes.

I don't think he'll appear in Brawl, but who knows. We've been surprised before.
Does Japan like Petey Pirahna?

Man even the kids in my neighborhood hate that stupid plant. Kids I see at tourneys hate Petey Pirahna. So basically if the world hates Petey, then why add such a sorry excuse for a boss character? Nintendo is smokin them mushrooms again.

Also y'all if ya didn't know, Yoshi is the guy you love to hate on Smash. I mean, he's a living, breathing, punching bag or pinyata. I love to beat em up, and I love to wail on peeps who main him. That's why I just don't see him going away.

Fawriel

Smash Master
*growls at the Yoshi-hater*

I actually think Paper Mario might be rather likely. Doc's in Melee, and all the really important and marginally plausible ones ( which excludes Toad ) are in, so Paper Mario would be the next logical possibility.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
^^^
Paper Mario would have the best moveset, if you played all the paper mario games (theres 3) then you would know his potential.

Remove Dr Mario, add Geno, Toad, and Paper Mario. That would own.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
They should add 1 more character, 2 at most. This isn't Mario Party so I don't see why they should flood the game with Mario's cast. I still count Yoshi and DK because they are spin offs/branches of Mario [DK was the villian]. The whole Mario recipe is starting to age.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I think the Mario characters that have the best chances of being added to Brawl are Daisy, Bowser Jr., Geno, Boshi and Toad. (possibly Toad and Toadette as a team, since Toad's a little ***** on his own!)

I just hope they don't add generic characters like koopa or goomba or boo like they did with Mario Party...

A lot of people don't want Waluigi...I kind of don't either, he's somewhat of a goon. With the addition of Wario, and Waluigi being in so many games since Melee's release, I have a bad feeling that he'll be in there as well.

Um, why Daisy and Boshi? Daisy hasn't had much of an appearance in anything but Mario sports/games and would more than likely be Peach clone. Boshi (besides small cameos) has only appeared in one Mario game.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Daisy should have the same roll she has in Melee, an alt costume.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I'm glad Tera is not developing the game.

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
Ha! This is a Nintendo game, for Mario characters, the word 'enough' means nothing. Anyway. Why should anyone complain about the distribution of Mario series characters compared to Zelda series, Fire Emblem, etc. Because of the supreme amount of Mario games, There is a huge roster of potential Mario characters that could be available for SSBB.

Here is my list of potential Mario characters with reasons why they would be good:

1) TOAD - The sentient, bipedal, fungus should join the world of fighting. I can see him using his head effectively. And also backflips and turnips. Also, anyone ever heard of Prince Mush (all you hardcore Paper Mario veterans know who I'm talking about.) 'nuff said!

2) KAMMY - Floats like Peach; long ranged, magical grabs (kinda) like Mewtwo and spell spamming. With Kammy, I see potential. Kammy pros will rack up damage with long ranged attacks, and then come up and smash said opponent into doom with that long wand. Oh yes, I would love to see her in.

3) PAPER MARIO - Hammer, spin jump, tornado jump, hammer throw, etc. With some of his previous badge moves at his disposal, he would become a force to be reckoned with, replacing the good doctor, and very DIFFERENT from Mario. Play the game - You'll see!

4) HAMMER/FIRE/BOOMERANG BROS. - Ice Climber style, with different costumes for each weapon.Traditionally, hammer bros. appear in pairs, and thus would they, in SSBB. I needn't even start with movesets. I think you can guess.

5) BOWSER JR. - Paint, shadow Mario. This has been explained. I needn't say anything.

6) DRY BONES - Gasp! I hear you cry - a generic character. Who cares, I chant back in unison. His weapon is a bone club(/unlimited supply of bone clubs). The moveset writes itself.

7) BIRDO - Oh Wow! She fires eggs, she sucks people in (Kirby - style), she fires them out! Also, she has alarge head and tail at her disposal. Yay!

8) BOO - Or perhaps a Duplighost (look at the avatar). I see floating; I see invisible shielding; I see (with Duplighost) turning into opponent character at the touch of a button (WOW! Awesomeness!); Also biting, punching, slapping. I see Boo/ Duplighost pwnness.

More generic characters. Anyway, some of you may be thinking 'omg no, this n00b has forgotten Geno/Boshi/Square character. But Geno/etc. pwns. LOLXORS!!!111. This guy's a n00b!1'. Well I say 'Bah' unto ye. Super Mario RPG was made by Square and SUCKS compared to any other Mario game. Anyways, Fin

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Who cares? Pokemon has 400 and some pokemon and then some humans like Red, that doesn't mean Pokemon's franchise should be represented by 30 Pokemon. Moderation is key, it's annoying to see everything being taken up by Mario's crew.

GraniteJJ

Smash Cadet
Petey Piranha is an abomination and deserves to be killed. A thousand times.

In regards to Daisy, why? Daisy IS Peach with a palette swap. There is nothing that would make Daisy a unique character in regards to Peach. Yes, you could create some crazy moveset to focus on flowers and all that nonsense, but she has been created and formed to be Peach's double, and Luigi's love interest. She is just like Waluigi: featured mostly in the party games, and only once in the main story.

Boshi is nowhere near big enough to be included. The same applies to Birdo (Birdo isn't even its own character, it is a species). The same applies to Toad - for the most part. And given that neither of these two has had their own game, I would seriously doubt their inclusion.

Mario and Luigi are playable characters. Bowser is the main villain. Peach has her own game now. Yoshi branched off into his own franchise, as did DK and Wario. Adding anymore characters from the core Mario games would be ridiculous, and unlikely to happen.

And why do people love Bowser Jr. so much? He has only been in two games! And one was Super Mario Sunshine, which was one of the worst core Mario games ever! I cannot understand this fascination with Bowser Jr.

Throw in Baby Bowser from the Yoshi franchise, or someone from the DK franchise. But do not include Bowser Jr. Please...dear God.

I vote no for more Mario characters. They have four core characters, Yoshi (has his own franchise), DK (has his own franchise) and Wario (has his own franchise). That's enough.

Also, just as a note to Mr. Jigsbee up there, Super Mario RPG was made by Square, which has since become Square-Enix.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Toad is going to be in the game. Deal with it. And personally, I like Waluigi. Dispite his "filler character" status, he's a nice taste of crude humor in a franchise full of smiley clouds and homosexual dinosaurs (Yoshi). He would also be a representative from the Warioverse. Birdo is interesting, and while she has a chance, I don't think she'll make it. Baby Bowser could be a villain from the Yoshiverse. Diddy is definently going to make it. K. Rool and Cranky also have a decent chance. Geno is the top requested character in Japan, if Square will allow it, then he will definently make it. Square will not give Sora or Cloud, because they have about the same Nintendo status as Master Chief.

If you count the DK, Wario, and Yoshi series as part of the Mario series, that's 8. If not, that's 4. AS long as we get as many characters as possible, I don't care what franchise they're from.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm glad everyone doesn't make such bold unfounded statements like you do otherwise this would be one annoying forum. I still don't think Mario needs anymore representatives. We've already had Mario shoved at us for years, gave us a break. I don't see any DK character making, maybe Diddy will but other than him no one, K. Rool is just a green :bowser:.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
I would love to see Toad. I wouldn't mind Daisy or Walugi. But I definetly want Toad for sure. In my opnion he should have been there before Yoshi.

GraniteJJ

Smash Cadet
Why would everyone LOVE to see Toad? When has he really ever impressed you as a character?

I can think of moments where I have been amazed at Mario, or laughed at Luigi's antics, or Bowser's baffoonery...

But Toad is a character without personality and substance. Why does everyone want to play as him? He is not cool. I think this is all the hype from that Toad hoax from SSBM coming back to haunt us. Everyone was excited that he may have been an unlockable character, and this desire to include him is just carried forward from that.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I'm just a bold, unfounded person. And don't you like Mario? The reason he's the most popular Nintendo franchise is because people like him. We could just get more generic Pokemon, or we could get one of the incredibly diverse Mario characters.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
OR we could screw the both of them and get other people from other franchises that are more diverse than the same ol' Mushroom Kingdom Crew.

Top Bottom