• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should the NC and SC State brawl power rankings be combined?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Basically here's what's been going on. South Carolina doesn't really care about it's state Power Rankings, some of us just don't care, while some of us just think SC is too small of a community for it to even matter. They have something like 15-20 active smashers, and diving them into top 10 with a few honorable mentions just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

So someone in NC brought up the idea of combining the Power Rankings for NC, and SC, since we all seem to go to the same tournaments anyway.

I know some might not like the sound of this, but I think at this point, combining NC/SC for power rankings might be a plausible idea since lately there are hardly any tournaments where only one of the two states exclusively attend (smashfests don't count guys). We can possibly make a top 15 or something (or keep it at 10 cause 15 seems like a lot). But I think it'll increase the overall competitiveness of the two states and it'll solve SC's power rankings issue. (I actually don't know the whole story, is it scrapped for good?)

I haven't really thought this through all the way and it just happened to come across my mind, but I'd like to hear some opinions. It seems like it can work, but at the same time, these aren't small states.

So yes, thoughts?

I like this idea, and maybe a few of you do too. So this topic has two purposes, to decide if we even want this, and I'll make Devin a panelist if we do.

So just respond as to whether or not you like this idea, since I can't figure out how to make a poll, I'll just keep a running total in this post. If you don't care, that's fine.

Combine the Power Rankings?:
Yes: 2
No: 5
I don't care: 1

-through post 22

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
For what it's worth, I still don't like this idea.

I doubt my vote matters anymore since I don't play the game, so whatever.

Good luck with the PRs, Stongers!

Jon?

Smash Champion
I really like this idea since their smash scene is quite as big to support a PR but they always come to our events.

It could be called the Carolina PRs instead of NC or SC PRs.

Rayku

Smash Lord
If they don't care about their own power rankings, why would they care about including themselves in any power rankings?

Disagree.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Anyone can vote...
rayku, it says in your location you're from georgia.
I don't see your logic.

Also, I don't see what the big deal is about making the PR. Sure, it's cool to have one, but why make such a big deal about it that you have to combine states? NC and SC are not strong enough Brawl states for anyone outside of the region to care, no offense. Put me down for "I don't care".

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Well it should be obvious that if you're not from NC or SC your opinion doesn't matter at all in this thread, so I wasn't exactly trying to cater to the OoS audience.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I disagree, as pretty much the only person on SC's pr board i care very much about them. Didnt the SC NC PR's used to be combined? guess theres a reason they arent anymore.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Stingers, I said something for the sole purpose of what BBQ pointed out. You said anyone can vote, and since I apparently "trash talk SC all the time" (according to them), I felt I'd put my piece.

If you don't mean "anyone," don't put "anyone" down. Put "Anyone in NC or SC" to specify, else you'll get called out like BBQ did to you.

theAPExp

Smash Ace
the large problem is obviously this though

most of sc stuff is mk banned
our stuff isn't and is at times

so would it be feasible?

currently it seems that we were just going to throw out mkbanned tourneys out of the equation
but to count sc, would you count their tourneys at all
or would you count mk allowed tourneys only, nulling out the majority of sc tourneys
but if you count both, would you somehow weight mk mainers/alters differently when they participate at mk banned tourneys?

if mk banned tourneys don't count
i honestly don't think sc should be mixed just do to the nature of sc tourneys

but if you do decide to go through with it
then i think you should figure out how you would go about determining who is better than who first
while counting mk banned and unbanned tourneys

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
While I would say it's a good idea considering how small SC is...
I tried to write something just now but I realized it'll only get the rest of SC all pissy with me. The main points being MK is banned here which IMO does effect tournament results and thus, power rankings.

I don't play Brawl so my opinion can be invalid if you'd like.

Jon?

Smash Champion
A lot of NC doesn't go to SC tournies anyways. If they hosted non MK banned tourny, I could see it being easier for a combined PR.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
"most of sc stuff is mk banned
our stuff isn't and is at times

so would it be feasible?"

yeah that might be true. hmm

Top Bottom