• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Sonic be Unlockable?

S.h.c.o.t.t.Y.1.0.8

Smash Cadet
hehe yeah that would be cool...and easy.....i reckon for the challenger fight it should be mario versus sonic. that would just be great

smash158

Smash Rookie
its plain and simple sonic will be unlockable it would be plain stupid to have him as a starter he is a third-party and newcomer so he will be unlockable like snake ok

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I wouldn't want to see him on the starting roster.Definitely unnlockable material.

Fox/vs/Sonic

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't trust the internet considering how many fake rosters have already been made to fool people. I can't imagine how many different rosters will be made when it comes out in japan. I am going to buy a players guide so I will have a lot of facts to read that I know are true. I forgot where it was but I read that the guy in charge of megaman said he hasn't been contacted about him being in brawl. I've also read different so I don't know what to believe. I'm still crossing my fingers for megaman though.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Sakurai himself said that most characters are unlockable in The Subspace, so meh.
I'd rather have him as a starter though tbh.

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
Definitely an unlockable. Preferably through clearing Classic with Mario, or some speed-based challenge. Actually, it doesn't really matter as long as it isn't tedious... Mewtwo, I'm lookin' at you!

Invader TAK

Smash Rookie
Part of me thinks he should be unlockable considering he's 3rd Party and it'd make his apparence that much more epic. But part of me also thinks he might as well be a starter since he was in the E For All demo.

smashvillain18

Smash Cadet
Nice thread you have here. Sonic is going to be a beast. From what I've seen from E for
All, he'll be a starter. Gonna enjoy fighting as him, as well all the characters in brawl. Who knows who's gonna show up. Hopefully, we can all find a place to trade wii codes. If you want to, please save me as a friend and leave me your wii code in a note. I'll reply with my code.

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
He shouldn't be unlockable because that defeats the purpose of a secret character. Why would Sakurai announce something that is supposed to remain secret until the games release?

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
For publicity, of course. Besides, just because something is unlockable doesn't mean it has to be a secret. In a fighting game, you know from the start that you'll eventually be able to play as the final boss. You just have to beat him first. No secret.

Smash Ace
I was too lazy to read the other posts, so I'll just say my opinion and leave:
he should be unlockable, since then everyone will play the game so they unlock SONIC LOLZ!!!111
=2007=

Top Bottom