Should Olimar be buffed or nerfed?

Myran

3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
NNID
Myranice
I think before they change any actual balance aspects of him they should fix the glitches affecting him. Such as his smashes not gaining any power when charged, his grab not working if too close to the ledge, and Pikmin dying sometimes after you try to punish with a smash after you parry.

Neither, it can't be helped; buff him and everyone loses their minds (and becomes my new secondary lulul ;)) nerf him and he becomes like Diddy where you constantly hit your opponent but can't kill for nothin.

I think before they change any actual balance aspects of him they should fix the glitches affecting him. Such as his smashes not gaining any power when charged, his grab not working if too close to the ledge, and Pikmin dying sometimes after you try to punish with a smash after you parry.
Wait that last one happens? I’ve seen the other two, but not that
Neither, it can't be helped; buff him and everyone loses their minds (and becomes my new secondary lulul ;)) nerf him and he becomes like Diddy where you constantly hit your opponent but can't kill for nothin.
So he’s in a Sheik situation. Lol

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
Premium
Olimar doesn't need buffs. Olimar is actually a really big threat in this game, both in damage, neutral and offstage plays, with kill power I might add. He also doesn't need nurfed, he isn't a free "I got carried by my character" character like Wolf is. In general, in a game, I think nurfing content is a bad move. I rather see bad content be buffed to be good, than good content be nurfed to be bad.

Last edited:
I completely see why folk say Olimar's top tier, but I still think he needs a slight buff. Pikmin die really quick, it seems way too easy to shake 'em off now, makes Olimar feel kinda like a glass cannon to me. I kinda wish they buffed his speed a bit more too, especially compared to everyone else in Ultimate. I dunno, I still like the guy, but somehow he felt more fun to me in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
Premium
I completely see why folk say Olimar's top tier, but I still think he needs a slight buff. Pikmin die really quick, it seems way too easy to shake 'em off now, makes Olimar feel kinda like a glass cannon to me. I kinda wish they buffed his speed a bit more too, especially compared to everyone else in Ultimate. I dunno, I still like the guy, but somehow he felt more fun to me in Smash 4.
lol I really don't think a pikman dying is an issue when you can just freely pluck a new one out of the ground. Olimar is, with the exception of an exploitable recovery, one of the most well grounded characters in a niche, which also happens to be consistent and reliable at doing so.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
Premium
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
NNID
TPitch5
The only nerf that I can think of is making the Pikmin attacks clang with other hitboxes again. Apparently the Pikmin have been blessed with transcendent priority.

Other than that, there really isn't much that I can bring up for Olimar.

Myran

3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
NNID
Myranice
He's actually slightly faster in Ultimate compared to 4, and while Pikmin die earlier due to lower health they also do considerably more latch damage than in 4. As for clanking his smashes still do, but not his aerials (thank god). I don't really think he needs a buff in the traditional since but more things like fixing his jab 1 for consistency, letting grab work when you're back is to the ledge, fixing the immediate grab break glitch, etc...

He's very powerful in this game, and to me is a far less restricted version of Smash 4 Olimar.