• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Nintendo broaden it's market

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I mean by taking a page out of Sony's book and marking it as a console for everyone, Sony has done that with most of it's consoles (PS1, PS2, and post-2009 PS3), and stop targeting the kids and family market as much, because remember once the 8 year olds, Ninty is targeting reach a certain age, they'll probably be playing Xbox or PlayStation, it's not a great business decision, I mean Nintendo doesn't have to make the console a mindless Xbox clone, just broaden it's target demographic, like for the kids, there could be Mario and Kirby, and for the adults, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero, and Metroid, with a little Star Fox thrown in, get games like GTA, Minecraft, Resident Evil, Madden, F1 Race Stars, other kiddie franchises, and even games to fill the simulation racer niche

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
its nintendo

if they needed advice from people like you, they wouldnt be Nintendo

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I mean by taking a page out of Sony's book and marking it as a console for everyone, Sony has done that with most of it's consoles (PS1, PS2, and post-2009 PS3), and stop targeting the kids and family market as much, because remember once the 8 year olds, Ninty is targeting reach a certain age, they'll probably be playing Xbox or PlayStation, it's not a great business decision, I mean Nintendo doesn't have to make the console a mindless Xbox clone, just broaden it's target demographic, like for the kids, there could be Mario and Kirby, and for the adults, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero, and Metroid, with a little Star Fox thrown in, get games like GTA, Minecraft, Resident Evil, Madden, F1 Race Stars, other kiddie franchises, and even games to fill the simulation racer niche
I feel like we've already visited this exact same topic in a thread by you. Which is probably because we have.

I know this forum doesn't have enough active threads that it's a huge concern that we plan out every thread that exists here, but there are eleven threads on the first page by you, the majority of which taking the same angle of criticizing one angle or another of Nintendo's marketing. That seems a bit excessive to me.

I'm leaving this open since the other thread is a month old, but in the future please try to condense your topics into a small few and revisit them when you have a complaint along the same lines instead of just moving on to another thread.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I feel like we've already visited this exact same topic in a thread by you. Which is probably because we have.

I know this forum doesn't have enough active threads that it's a huge concern that we plan out every thread that exists here, but there are eleven threads on the first page by you, the majority of which taking the same angle of criticizing one angle or another of Nintendo's marketing. That seems a bit excessive to me.

I'm leaving this open since the other thread is a month old, but in the future please try to condense your topics into a small few and revisit them when you have a complaint along the same lines instead of just moving on to another thread.
Alright sir, thanks for the warning, you can merge the threads, and lock this one, won't do it again

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Alright sir, thanks for the warning, you can merge the threads, and lock this one, won't do it again
I'll be happy to merge threads if you want me to, but I'm unsure exactly which threads you're referring to and it's not entirely necessary unless you really want them merged -- it's just something to keep in mind going forward.

(Also, there's really no reason to call me sir; I'm just a guy on the internet who happens to also have a red name.)

Booster

Smash Lord
Nintendo really does have ****ty marketing, if it wasn't for Nintendo Directs...

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm pretty sure I already said this in another thread, but at this point all of these threads are starting to run together.

Anyway, Nintendo already tried to widen their audience in the GCN era. Exclusive games for mature audiences? Check. Challenging games for experienced gaming fans? Check. Fun, family friendly games? Check. Games that everyone can enjoy? Check. Offered a number of titles that the PS2/Xbox also had? Kinda check.

I get the feeling that with the GCN Nintendo strove to make a true blue gamer's console. Of course, no matter how hard they tried they just couldn't rip that "kiddy" label that SEGA had planted onto them so many years ago off. I think at this point Nintendo has decided to just roll with it and it looks like it's been working out pretty well so far.

Although the Wii U is starting to shape up to be quite similar to the GCN in many ways, I think.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Nintendo attracts a smaller audience that it's competition doesn't capture as well. As long as Nintendo keeps on being Nintendo, they will succeed in varying levels.

Top Bottom