• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

should link walljump?

tappy

Smash Ace
what do you think? i always feel that he should but i can see why he doesn't, because he's not like all the other fastpaced characters. but still, would you like it if he walljumped?

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Link is obese and old, so he's not physically fit enough to wall jump. And it would seem a little awkward because like you said, only the fast-paced characters wall jump. So it'd be weird if Link could.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
he's only like 16...
Yea, but he wasn't exercising for seven years, making him out of shape! That, and Y.Link is so much younger than him, which was really the only basis of my calling him old.

J/k, I just like saying to my friends that Link is obese everytime I don't die from a strong attack due to Link's high weight.

tappy

Smash Ace
yeah, well that will be different for brawl link because this time he actually grew up like normal people:chuckle:

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
yeah, well that will be different for brawl link because this time he actually grew up like normal people:chuckle:
Haha, that's true... he's spent much more time herding goats, both on AND off Epona.

As for Brawl, I think they should just make him dash a bit faster (see previous sentence) and make him heavier/harder to kill. Other than that, he's fine. We don't want Link to be COMPLETELY broken, do we? Then we wouldn't be able to use him in Low Tiers Tournaments :chuckle:

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Wall jumping with Link in Melee wouldn't help him very much or have much use other then maybe Ness's stage mainly because if he did it while trying to get back to the edge it would leave him wide open to attack and also disallow his hookshot to connect with the stage if he drops back down or his up+b to hit his enemy because he is looking away after the wall jump.

In Brawl, I don't think he should either but if he can turn into Midna/Wolf Link for Brawl I hope Wolf Link can wall jump. :ohwell:

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
He looks like he's in his 20s, but he's only 16-18. The Link from SSBM is the Link from Ocarina of Time... which is just 7 years older than Young Link (it's even the name of one of the Event Matches: Seven Years)

He's just a very mature adolescent.

fabianmo

Smash Apprentice
Maybe
But I think that in Melee it would work
Although maybe in Brawl if he transforms into a wolf....
Offtopic: Yes he looks like in his 20´s

Love

Smash Rookie
Well wall jumping would be nice but, thing is he cant i mean all that equipment has to have a toll. A bow and arrows(unlimited supply) Bombs(unlimited supply) sword sheild. I mean too much weight im suprised he can jump as high as he does lol.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
It could work, but it's not going to be in for him. He already has a tonne of techniques which you can manipulate off stage, and he's a heavy character which means he wouldn't be able to. Plus, it's not like we'll ever see him normally wall jump in a LoZ game.

Top Bottom