• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should i use link for my counterpick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
Hello there, MOTH here (ganon main) and i came here to ask you link mains if link would be a good counterpick for my ganon? I like to use UU characters as much as possible and that is one reason why i main ganondorf. Only problem is that i can hardly ever win against these certain characters that i will list below.

Snake
Falco
Ice Climbers
Olimar
Shiek

Mainly its just those 5 that i have a lot of trouble with. I try to do my best against the other characters with my ganon but when its a 0% or 5% then it gets really hard for me.

So like i said before, i want to try to keep everything UU (underused) so i was wondering if link would make a good counterpick for those characters i have trouble with?

I did want to alt captain falcon just because he was so much like ganondorf but the only problem is that he has just as hard of matchups as ganondorf has, so he wouldnt really make a good counterpick for me.

I also thought of a few other counterpicks and i want you all to try to help me pick one because this is a very hard decision.

Link
Ike
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Yoshi (... i dont really think yoshi because i tend to act ******** when i play with him xD)
Samus

Ok so out of those which do you think would be best as a counterpick? (i didnt post zelda or mario just because i dont like the way there played.. theyget boring to quick)

Ok thanks for your time and sorry for such a long post, i tend to ramble about the same thing a lot lol.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Link can handle Snake, but the other trouble matchups listed are also pretty bad matchups for Link, too.

Incidentally, I pull out Yoshi against those other ones. Snake's a pain for Yoshi, though.

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
Well if link wouldnt be a good counterpick then how about ike? Seeing as how im used to slow and strong moves maybe ike would fit me well.

But link does seem pretty godly when mastered

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
You should probably post this in the General Discussion Thread. It's a great place to post miscellaneous, non-Link metagame related questions.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Hey MOTH! My motto would be Link for everything

Link has a pretty close matchup with Snake. It's tough though.

Link does okay against IC's. Since he outspams them and forces them to approach, plus holding onto bombs can help break out of chain grab and it.

Falco and Olimar are real tough for Link. So I recommend not trying Link for those ones if your only just picking up Link.

Try Jigglypuff against Falco, and I'm not sure who to recommend for Olimar :urg:

Anyways good luck with it all. I hope some of this helps. :link:

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
wow that really did help out a lot, thanks Scabe =D

I would like to master link and ganondorf becuse #1 ganon players and link players seem to be the nicest. #2 there at the bottom of the tier list so it gives me a challenge.

I was honestly thinking about picking up a OU character like IC's or Snake but that would totally go against my whole UU honor that me and my brother have with each other.

Overall thanks for the help and i look forward to alting link if i can figure out how to use him correctly lol

Rizen

Smash Legend
Link can be CPed for Snake and Ice Climbers.
Link is extremely hard to learn, it takes several months, and swapping between Link and other characters is hard because the way Link plays and spaces is so weird. Out of the characters you listed, I recommend Lucas to support your Ganon.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
No, you shouldn't.

/thread

In all seriousness, you can't expect us to decide for you. As a player, how do you personally feel about the match-ups Link has to offer as a CP character? Does his playstyle feel comfortable enough to bring to tournament play? Does his advantages and disadvantages serve enough to be one of your CP characters?

Give it a try and get a feel for things. Only you're the one who can ultimately make this decision, so it's what you think that matters the most.

Lock plz.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
For common tournament characters, tier S-D, Link can hope for an even MU at best. Snake is one near even MU worth noting, a few others like IC, Marth, Lucario and such, but for the rest he's not a huge asset as a CP character.

Good against people who don't know the MU, but remember the don't know the MU will only work for so long until they learn what to do.

While I can't tell you who to play I can give you information on the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom