• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I switch to game cube controller?

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Right now, I use the wii remote and nunchuk and I don't like it. It's very difficult for me to do dacus, short jumps, and air attacks. Do you think I should switch to game cube controller?

Kantrip

Kantplay
You can try configuring the wiichuk with some better controls (such as d-pad to smash attacks or something) if you are more comfortable with the wiichuk. If you are fine with the gamecube controller and the wiichuk isn't working for you, why not switch?

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Well, for sure I do not regret my decision in switching to the GCC. Noticing that you already don't like the Wiimote/Nunchuk, it wouldn't cause any harm attempting a switch anyways. Another alternative would be the classic controller/pro. If you go for the GCC, I strongly suggest for you to get an official Nintendo brand.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Well, for sure I do not regret my decision in switching to the GCC. Noticing that you already don't like the Wiimote/Nunchuk, it wouldn't cause any harm attempting a switch anyways. Another alternative would be the classic controller/pro. If you go for the GCC, I strongly suggest for you to get an official Nintendo brand.
lol, i know. I got a gamestop gamecube controller for MKW, and it was terrible. The comfort thing on the analog stick broke off,the analog stick was very hard to use, and the c-stick didn't work.
Thanks

You can try configuring the wiichuk with some better controls (such as d-pad to smash attacks or something) if you are more comfortable with the wiichuk. If you are fine with the gamecube controller and the wiichuk isn't working for you, why not switch?
I have up and down on the Dpad set to smashes, but I need the sides for grabbing :(

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I actually intentionally removed the comfort thing on my control stick when I used GCC.

Now I use CCPro and will never switch back.

Also with Shake Smash turned on DACUS is incredibly easy.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Any control can work (well, maybe not the wii mote sideways). It depends how comfortable you are. Listen to Galtin. Try the NGC or the Classic. Classic Controller Pro is really good and it's only like $20. Easier to find to.

Also, if you aren't doing 1v1s, you could probably get away without DACUS. Maybe not with Snake if you want to cover more ground.

miharuka

Smash Cadet
Why not?
I use my Game Cube controller too a lot of times. ^^
Just because I taunt a lot. xD lol
That's way easier with a Game Cube controller.
I personally find it easier to fight with as well. ^^

Top Bottom