• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I Stick With Zamus?

urmomstiities

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I just registered today, and I came to ask you guys if I stick with Zero Suit Samus or not. I haven't had this game for very long, only a week or so actually, so I'm still not completely use to her gameplay yet. Thanks for the help. =) cheerss:chuckle:

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
The choice of your character is surely up to you and only yourself. If you seek to improve your ZSS your at the right section. Welcome to smashboards.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I agree with what Orichalcum said, ZSS can be your best friend or your worst enemy, it's all how much dedication you are willing to put forth into mastering your ZSS, I say go for it!

and welcome to smashboards!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
If that username sticks around I'll be ****ed.

That said, ZSS is one of the harder characters to master and do well with, but you'll be one of the few that uses her if you so choose.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Not to sound like a broken record or anything but yeah. Really it's your pick. So far I haven't really found any BAD characters in Brawl. Which is pretty nice because it allows you to pick whoever you enjoy the most as your main. I made ZSS my main because she's got the speed, the jumps, the combos and the aerial game that I love so very much. And it's always fun to see peoples' faces when they go "Wait? There's an unarmored Samus in this game??"

ky72x

Smash Apprentice
I say stick with her. You seem to be a pretty good ZSS player, efficiently using her armor pieces in the beginning of the match to rack up some nice combos. There were many opportunities where you could've used her Plasma Whip and down smash instead of constantly trying to paralyze Bowser. Since that attack does take a while to fire, it may not be a good idea to constantly use it too often (especially against human opponents). Even so, I still say that she's a great choice for your Brawl main.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Uh...are you that good with your other characters? If you can do best with ZS Samus and want to expand and improve your strategy with her, I would say, yes, she is the best choice.

Grimpeh

Smash Apprentice
I've played against some really awesome ZSS players, she is up there with the fastest characters in the game from what i've seen, her stuns can really throw me off sometimes.. I couldn't figure out how to play against her.

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
Don't limit yourself to just one character so early in the game. I've had the game ever since it's release in America and I'm still having problems finding a main. It's a process that takes time.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Do you enjoy playing as her? If so, then you should just keep playing as her. You should keep playing the other characters, too. That way, your main will float to the surface over time, but you'll still be passable at the others.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Evaluate your goals, and use those to determine your character. If you want to have fun and do crazy cool **** then definitely play zss. If you want an easier char to win with, pick metaknight or snake.

urmomstiities

Smash Rookie
First off, let me thank everyone who responded. Your comments were all very constructive and helpful. I am in a predicament. I mained Zelda in melee, and to this day Zelda is still my strongest character. Although it seems pretty clear that I should main Zelda, I guess this is just a prejudice of mine but I really dislike the idea of playing as a high tier character. Zelda lost her appeal to me when I noticed everybody else was using her. I understand that there is no official tier list at the moment, but from what I have heard Zelda will most likely be placed in high tier. So this is basically it: I main Zelda and maybe win more matches but I play as a character I don't exactly like. Or: I main Zero Suit Samus. It will take me a while to reach the skill level I have with Zelda, but I feel more satisfied playing with her.

Sorry guys =S, I didn't mean to drag a personal conflict into the conversation, but you guys seem like informed and helpful people. Thanks for all the help though.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
First off, let me thank everyone who responded. Your comments were all very constructive and helpful. I am in a predicament. I mained Zelda in melee, and to this day Zelda is still my strongest character. Although it seems pretty clear that I should main Zelda, I guess this is just a prejudice of mine but I really dislike the idea of playing as a high tier character. Zelda lost her appeal to me when I noticed everybody else was using her. I understand that there is no official tier list at the moment, but from what I have heard Zelda will most likely be placed in high tier. So this is basically it: I main Zelda and maybe win more matches but I play as a character I don't exactly like. Or: I main Zero Suit Samus. It will take me a while to reach the skill level I have with Zelda, but I feel more satisfied playing with her.

Sorry guys =S, I didn't mean to drag a personal conflict into the conversation, but you guys seem like informed and helpful people. Thanks for all the help though.
Just use who you like best, you could however keep Zelda and Use ZSS as a secret weapon..surprise them and they won't know what hit them. OR the other way around.
Good luck! ^_^

urmomstiities

Smash Rookie
Very off topic post

I may have found an edgeguarding combo. Although I realise this is extremely circumstantial, and I haven't exactly tested it yet. Anyways, while your opponent is attempting to grab the edge, Dsmash into DTild into Up B. It acts a spike launching them downwards. I'm not sure if it will always work on lighter characters, and it is best used on opponents with lower damage levels. Just wanted to hopefully contribute something new for all the help I received. =)

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I did a Up-tilt spike once on battle field, they went straight down like an arrow at like 21%

GetSmashedWithTheBros

Smash Apprentice

i'd just play with whoever you have fun with. don't sweat other people using zelda now that she's more popular - you'll have an advantage over them anyway, being an experienced zelda user. so, if you like zelda, and you win with her, go for that. but if you're tired of sheik being the only crazy ninja, go for ZSS :p

GetSmashedWithTheBros

Smash Apprentice
Very off topic post

I may have found an edgeguarding combo. Although I realise this is extremely circumstantial, and I haven't exactly tested it yet. Anyways, while your opponent is attempting to grab the edge, Dsmash into DTild into Up B. It acts a spike launching them downwards. I'm not sure if it will always work on lighter characters, and it is best used on opponents with lower damage levels. Just wanted to hopefully contribute something new for all the help I received. =)
nice, dude, i was actually working on this the other day, but in a different sort of vein. i would d-throw facing the edge, causing the person i throw to go just out over the edge, and then i'd up+b immediately afterwards. it (sorta) worked on MK (he was the only one i tried it on), but given his 374923845 jumps it wasn't hard for him to come back. I feel like this might be more directed toward bigger characters, and it didn't work so well at low percents. Additionally, DI wasn't factored in.

Regardless of the many possible confounding variables, this might be something to look into for ZSS

Top Bottom