• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I Buy the Game Digitally or Get the Disc?

Are you going to buy Super Smash Bros Wii U digitally or buy a physical copy on disc?

• Total voters

the8thark

Smash Lord
If you want the GC adapter it's cheaper to get the adapter+game physical combo back. Buying the game digitally and then buying the adapter separately from Nintendo is more expensive. $20 more expensive in Australia.

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
Always physical for me, my Wii crashed and I was happy to still have the games, so I do the same thing for the WiiU.

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
Oops sorry for the double post, misclick and I don't know how to delete it!

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm definitely getting the physical version of the game. I have a feeling the digital version will flood half of my Wii U system memory.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I like having physical copies of my games, no contest.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
The people advocating physical have weak arguments against digital. Your wii's disc drive breaking has absolutely nothing to do with the wii u; the wii was not designed to handle double layer disks like brawl so of course it's going to have trouble with that after the end of it's lifespan. Your physical disk has more of a chance of scratching and being unplayable than your wii u has of breaking internally. Nintendo doesn't replace scratched disks, but they will replace digital games that are unplayable due to hardware failure. As long as you don't have space issues on the wii u HDD, and you really shouldn't at this point unless you've downloaded every single must have wii u game up to this point for some reason, the advantages lean towards digital unless you want the satisfaction of owning physical.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I pre-ordered the game (specifically the bundle with the GC controller and adapter) online on Friday from my local GameStop, for collection. I will have college that day so downloading early would be of no benefit for me, plus Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is the game that is filling my hard drive.

I get off my bus just up the road from my local GameStop, so I don't have to go out of my way. And if I'm not in college, my house isn't far from the store.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Buying a digital copy would seem alright because Smash is a game that I will always want to play, so I would have no problem with it taking up memory on my WiiU.

But, Smash is so dope that I usually want to own the case and manual. I'm a sucker for that kind of crap.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I went digital because I could be available right at 12 am and because of the fact I'm not bring smash to the game room at my college because so snot nose brat might steal it . Also People seem to be forgetting that both can be stolen and both can break

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
well the wii u could break but you can call nintendo to get your digtal stuff back. The Disc can also get scratched or the lazer in the wii u could go bad
Ah good point.

I like to get physical copies because peolpe on eBay are so ********.

"Hmm, I'm goona seel my WiiU.... for $100 because I don't know how to use this website!"

Last edited:

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
I'm working my first ever training shift at Chipotle, which is right next door to the Gamestop that I pre-ordered (the gamecube controller bundle). My shift is from 4 to 11, so I'll bring my 3DS to kill time waiting in the car.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The load time on the digital copy is fantastic.

vinestone

Smash Rookie
Load time on the physical copy is pretty decent too, longest load I've had was maybe 10 seconds max.

Top Bottom