• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shortening Zelda's transform special?

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
I was playing a match with my brother (I was Zelda, he was DDD), when he mentioned to me that "he figured out how to shorten Zelda's transforming". He said that if you pause when she's all pink and shiny, it gets drastically shorter. No duh I was a bit skeptical, but I tried it and it actually seemed to work. Of course, pausing the game in the middle of a match would get very annoying (I've never played a WiFi match before, so I'm not sure if you can pause during one of those), but...

Can someone confirm this for me? Perhaps I was just confused by the pause in battle? And though I doubt this would actually be useful in a vs. match ( there'd be a bit of "quit pausing the game already!", provided they didn't turn the pause off) perhaps there's a way to shorten the transformation some other way? (provided this actually works, of course)

Scala

Smash Ace
I believe it's because during the transformation the game has to load an entirely new character into the battle, it doesn't start with shiek/zelda and keep the other in a buffer. If you pause it, the game will load the character and THEN the transformation lag that was intended to be in the game occurs.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
This is a technique called "disk loading". It also works of various things like item drops and stage transformations in some cases. If you hear the disk whirring, you can pause to let the game finish loading whatever is yet to come to make it happen "sooner".

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
If you're Zelda, and there is a Sheik in the match. You'll transform about twice as fast(1.5 seconds).

If you're Zelda and you're Zelda's color is red(Example), and there is a Sheik that happens to be the color red also. Zelda will transform near instantly(0.5 seconds).

You can be Zeldas/Sheiks of the same color either in online battles or in team battles.

There is also discussion of it in this topic(see second page).

Top Bottom