• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short Hops & Boost Smashing.

BRN

Smash Rookie
Hi all, Im new here.
I main Wolf and i also play with the Remote & Nunchuck, and it's really annoying to make some short hops. I jump with the "c" button im used to it so im not gonna jump with the Controll stick unless its the only option.
And Speed Hugging is it possible to do at a Remote & Nunchuck?
And if it is, How??
Please don't say just use the GC or Classic Controller because i'm only gonna do that if alot of inportant techs and more things are impossible with WiiChuck.

BRN

Smash Rookie
Thanks Arc,
But can anyone also tell me how to Boost Smash on Wii Chuck

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
About the shorthops : I think it is much easier anyway to use a button rather than Stick. You just have to release the C-button very fast. Try with a fat character, like bowser, you have more time to release with him.

BurningBlaze

Smash Rookie
I've had the same problem short hopping with any character for that matter. Does jumping with the analog stick always perform a short hop?

Adapt

Smash Lord
For a short hop its all a function of how long you hold the button down
try tapping the button very lightly

As for the wii-chuk combo, I use it, and the DACUS is fairly easy to do. (DACUS = dash attack canceled up smash)
set your d-pad to smashes (up, down and side). This is a big help for most characters. This leaves you without a grab button, but you can use "A+B" or "Z+A" to grab.

now follow these steps:
1. dash (hold forwards after)
2. hit d-down (this initiates a dash attack)
3. immediately after step 2, rotate the control stick from forwards to up and hit 'A' at the exact same time you reach the up position.

You can hold your thumb over both the d-down button and A at the same time and simply roll your thumb from d to a. If you practice doing this as fast as possible, it's easier than a GC controller. I rarely have trouble doing any DACUS, even Sheik's, which is the hardest to do.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i find it much harder to do on wii mote nunchuk.but if u make the pad smashes then it becomes much more easier to do. i also suggest tap jump off and use switch grab with attack.dacas so easy for me now because of these settings. i just grab with r+a as strange as that is.although pivot grabbing and boost grabbing become a challenge with my grab settings so i made l and y also grab in case.

Top Bottom