• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short hops and shffling with Samus

Cronius

Smash Apprentice
I was just wondering if anyone SHs and shffls with Samus, and if so, give a few examples of how you use it.

Andromon58

Smash Apprentice
you should be shing all the time. It's faster than using a full jmp and opens up options for some super-spam pmc on ps and fod and stuff. It's useful for mcing too...I'm sure Hugs would have more to say on the matter, but shing is probably my biggest shortcoming, i dont do it enuf. I used to find it rly hard since i learned to smash with samus, and its not so crucial with her. I still mess it up and do a full jump sometimes, its one of those things i need to practice out of my play.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The most useful thing you can do with a SHhfl is follow up a missles on a shining fox/falco with a dair or just shhfl a sex kick on someone.

comoesa

Smash Cadet
lol so no one Shffls...with samus

Well i use short hop dair fast fall l acncel to uair or up b..

and the missile thingy too

comoesa

Smash Cadet
Um...i dont know why would it be more effective...maybe the scatter damage from the bomb make the combo easier....i dont know

Cronius

Smash Apprentice
But Samus' short hop isn't really that short, you're much closer to the ground with a bomb jump. and it's very hard to do in the middle of combat, I'd say one of the hardest short hops there are. Yes, it does take more skill, but if you're using the bombs right off of the opponent (blows up very soon after it's dropped, like I've seen Wes do a lot) bomb dair-ing can be pretty useful. In my opinion anyway.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Being good isn't a walk in the park you know. Taking the easy way out is what noobs do. "Oh why should I L-cancel, it is harder and I don't see much of a difference."

W/e, do whatever makes you feel good.

Sure bombjumps do have their place, but you cannot complete replace SH with them.

comoesa

Smash Cadet
i admit SH with samus is hard as hell....only can pulll off a SHFFl combo about 4 times a match

*wishes he had lighter hands*

Watty

Smash Lord
u guys do realise u are saying short hop fast fall laser combo cause thats what the L stands for. Samus doesnt have a laser fyi

Cronius

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's L-canceling, Falco and Fox (or maybe just Falco, not sure) have the short hop, fast fall, laser combo.

Bellucci_dpy

Smash Rookie
I want to add something to short hops.
When i short hop I flick my thumb over the X-button,
and afterwards I make a around movement back to the A-button
or the C-stick for instance
This works all the time and can be learned easily,
this technique makes the gamefeeling more aesthetic
and reminds me of aikido because of the round movement
speed isn't lost but dissipated

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LMAO @ people taking Watty seriously. LMFAO.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah well, if this is a descussion of which to use: SH or BH, you should be using both.

It's like saying you should never roll because you can WD. Sometimes, a roll will be better than a WD, you just need to find out when and use it.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I don't really fastfall my short hops I always try to go from and arieal to a missle or something (then again thats a full jump isn't it?)

I do short hop double aerials but you can't fast fall those...

I do fastfall dairs though!

Generally the only times I fast fall is when I need to for speed like avoiding an attack I'd other wise be open for or something, other then that you don't really gain much from it IMO, you lose possiblities...

Top Bottom