• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

@)(@*#)@# Short hopping...

Purenchisu

Smash Cadet
see i told you my way would work man lol GOOD LUCK MAN maybe 1 day we can play each other and you could show me a few things with zamus

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
if you really want to practice short hopping, buy a copy of melee.

Get melee, play fox, try to shorthop. keep practicing until u can do it consistently. after that, shorthopping with Zamus will seem like a piece of cake

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
if you really want to practice short hopping, buy a copy of melee.

Get melee, play fox, try to shorthop. keep practicing until u can do it consistently. after that, shorthopping with Zamus will seem like a piece of cake
I already Own melee, and the other way suggested already worked for me but thanks.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Shorthopping with Zamus is almost useless anyways. SH->Bair goes above most character's heads, and fastfalling it doesn't help at all.

Maybe a SHFF Nair, but... Eh, I just find her shorthop lackluster.
o_O...short hop forward B???
And for the aerials you just have to hit them on the way down unless it's a huge character. It's still a million times better to short hop them.

I don't know if this helps, but I use the X button and tap it quickly with my thumb to short hop.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
I find Zamus to be one of the more difficult characters to shorthop with. Which is frustratin because her fullhop is unusably large. With my main (sheik), I can shorthop like 95% of the times that I want to, and have no trouble mixing up shorthops and fullhops. With my secondary (Lucas), I shorthop like 99% of the time, even when I intend to fullhop. Zamus I have trouble with though.

For the record, I have tap jump off and use Y to jump.

-Zangetsu-

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, look

Zamus's Short hop or SH is actually slightly higher than most characters, which considering the physics of this game, is actually a good thing for chasing down high %'s.

Anyway, since you can do SH in practice or fighting cpu's. The next step to actually applying it in battle is actual competitive fighting experience. Take for instance Wave dashing, i know lots of ppl who know how to Wavedash, but they do not or simply cant do it in battle. This is because they are not practicing it enough, the SH will come to you gradually. Just give it a light tap and go on about your way.

And the reason some ex melee players giving you such a hard time is because the SH was such an integral part of game play and just imagining someone trying to play competitively using full jumps seems ridiculous.

Just keep practicing and keep doing it in fight enough until you think you get it, then practice more. Soon it will be second nature to you.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Ok, look

Zamus's Short hop or SH is actually slightly higher than most characters, which considering the physics of this game, is actually a good thing for chasing down high %'s.

Anyway, since you can do SH in practice or fighting cpu's. The next step to actually applying it in battle is actual competitive fighting experience. Take for instance Wave dashing, i know lots of ppl who know how to Wavedash, but they do not or simply cant do it in battle. This is because they are not practicing it enough, the SH will come to you gradually. Just give it a light tap and go on about your way.

And the reason some ex melee players giving you such a hard time is because the SH was such an integral part of game play and just imagining someone trying to play competitively using full jumps seems ridiculous.

Just keep practicing and keep doing it in fight enough until you think you get it, then practice more. Soon it will be second nature to you.
LMAO the ZSS in your sig that is from my screen shot...

Well looks like it anyway

Also thanks for the advice as well

Top Bottom