• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short-hopping easier for pika?

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Not sure about this, but I realized today that as I was practicing with some aerials, that I was able to use the x button to be able to short hop while running around. What's more, it almost feels like I can do a (very brief) full depression, whereas in melee I could only graze the y button and anything more would be too much. Anyone else notice this?

Not sure if others were able to use it before, but being able to use x seems like I can execute aerials quicker since my thumb ends up nearly on the a botton (for nairs and fairs) post-short hopping and is also in the general area direction of the c-stick (for everything else).

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
I feel that short hopping has gotten easier for most characters, but that might just be cause i was used to playing fox in melee and havent made a huge transition yet :/

PokemonTrainerLisa

Smash Apprentice
It seemed easier for me, when I was using Pikachu in the Subspace mode.

To be honest, I've never used any advanced tactics before (due to not knowing how to perform them). But I always press the X button to jump.

I never jump using the control stick because it makes me all confused and stuff. ^^;

festizzio

Smash Champion
For me it seems harder. Of course I'm also using the classic controller so maybe that has something to do with it. >_> I can still do it consistently, it just seems slightly harder to short hop because of the size of the button.

Nigachu

Smash Apprentice
shorthopping does seem easier this time around but I haven't really experimented with it too much because of having just too much fun with the game in general.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I guess every character now has 5 or more frames while jumping. Pikachu used to have 3 in melee (the lowest amount, Im assuming its 5 now).

It's actually really nice. I can now give a (very quick) full depression on the x button and still do a short hop, and being able to use x is a lot more helpful (its not in a good position to be scraped, which was necessary in melee).

Yakt-NJ

Smash Cadet
Coming from playing fox and ice climbers in melee, I'm used to having a tough time short hopping. Going into Brawl, I do get the impression that every character has an easier short hop (friends of mine who used to be unable to do it for the life of them now can) so I think what you're seeing is a reduction of difficulty across the board, especially if you're used to one of the harder short hops from melee.

Top Bottom