• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short Hop>Force Palm?

ZetaRokure

Smash Cadet
Recently, during a neighborhood Smash session, I faced a competent :4robinf:, conquering him in three grueling matches.
The final stock of this 3-0 set was taken after I short hopped, then inputted :GCR::GCB: on landing, suffering

through zero endag as I struck the ground.

Is this phenomenon explainable, or just me?

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
It reminds me of when Short Hopping > FF> FP was a neat cross-up in Brawl because when you conditioned opponents to shield, they'd be vulnerable to this mixup. I think that if you do the same thing that you could do at one time in Smash in the past, it's bound to be helpful again even though it's not exactly the same.

So anyways, zero endlag sounds weird. I feel that you just inputted FP right before landing & got the command grab as you landed & it looked clean. I could be wrong though, so any Lucario main can step in & clear the situation.

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Nah, ain't just you.
It's a tech left over from brawl that makes the grab portion of forcepalm frame 1 if you input it within a few frames of touching the ground.

Try spooking someone with B-air's and then just whip out a frame 1 forcepalm grab instead before you land for an EZ KO.

Last edited:

ZetaRokure

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the response.

Oops, wrote end lag rather than start up, lol.
I meant that there was no start up on side b.

Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
FP grab is on frame 9, so it may be a little hard to see the startup.

Either way, just to be sure do you have a replay of this?

ZetaRokure

Smash Cadet
FP grab is on frame 9, so it may be a little hard to see the startup.

Either way, just to be sure do you have a replay of this?
I've been trying to recreate this with a CPU. I wasn't sure how to articulate this, but this is most likely an SSB4 equivalent to a Brawl tech, detailed here.
http://smashboards.com/threads/lucarios-one-frame-grab-with-details.281224/

I don't quite have that keen competitive eye yet, but I'm working on it. (The people in the neighborhood, myself included, aren't exactly competitively capable quite yet.)

D

Deleted member 189823

Nah, ain't just you.
It's a tech left over from brawl that makes the grab portion of forcepalm frame 1 if you input it within a few frames of touching the ground.

Try spooking someone with B-air's and then just whip out a frame 1 forcepalm grab instead before you land for an EZ KO.
say wha
Like, instead of that slow-ass grab, it comes out in Frame 1?

User52

Smash Cadet
NNID
User52
say wha
Like, instead of that slow-*** grab, it comes out in Frame 1?
I think this was worded wrong, I think it was supposed to be the grab comes out on the first frame on the ground.

Top Bottom