• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short Hop Agility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Press the control stick up and immediately press B after, then angle the control stick horizontally. You will have performed a quick maneuver with 1 frame of landing lag with no fall time (like a wavedash almost). You'll know you did it right when Pichu doesn't leave the ground and a puff of smoke flies below him when using UpB. You can use any attack immidiately after you stop.

The best part is that it costs a mere 1%, and can lead to an unexpected utilt chain into uairs, and so on and so forth.

I know someone has probably found this, but I had to post it because I couldn't find it anywhere.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
I created it on my own and I've played Pichu for only a few months.lol

I've been practicing this technique and it's really neat when combined with follow-ups.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Yeah, plenty of people would have figured this out a lot sooner if these mods weren't so lazy...
There's a lot of new techniques Agility brings to Pichu's game. For the most part I just use it to look flashy and get hit by random attacks that would otherwise have completely missed me but I zip into them.

Actually, this thread has been made before (probably a few times):
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=74349

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
So Tommy, did we ascertain the full potential of Pichu?

I'm able to beat my friend's Falco about half the time (waveduck, lol). Agility really does add a lot to my fighting style. And whenever I recover with it, I exploit the 1 frame of landing lag and either get them caught in a vicious 800 headbutt combo or I Dsmash them. It's a super-useful tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom