• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shores of Smash, Naples FL *Closed until further notice*

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Previous Entry/Entries = Normal Text
Updated Entry/Entries = Red Text

Tournament will not be held unless further notice is upheld, in which certain details may be edited. However, current tournament settings are free to view.

Finally! I've talked with the super-strict clubhouse in my neighborhood (The Shores, hence the name)... and they've finally thrown down the walls trying to block my rage! Tourney Time in Naples! Woot!

What's and Where

Smash tournament
Tournament will be held in a gated community, meaning you require a key code to enter my 'hood. I will give you the code via pm if you are confirmed to come, and I will also post it up here the night before the tournament day.

Catagories

There's going to be 2 sections of the tournaments: Singles and Doubles. There may be diffrent rules depending on the catagory, but the general rules are as follow...

Singles

4 Stock each
8 Minute Time Limit
Items Off
Best 2 out of 3
Finals best 3 out of 5
SD = -1
No handicap

Doubles

4 stock each
10 minute Time Limit
Items off
Best 2 of 3
Finals best 3 of 5
SD = -1
No handicap
Friendly Fire ON

STAGES

The following stages will be random stages, regardless of catagory...
1. Final Destination
2. Battlefield
3. Yoshi's Story
4. Fountain of Dreams
5. Dreamland 64
6. Pokemon Stadium

The following stages will also be allowed regardless of catagory, but not random...
1. Corneria
2.DK64
3.Venom
4.Mushroom Kingdom
5.Mushroom Kingdom 2
6.Kongo Jungle
7.DK64
8.Princess Peach's Castle
9.Great Bay
10.Yoshi's Island

The following stages will be banned, regardless of catagory...

1.Fourside
2.Onett
3.Brinstar Depths
4.Brinstar
5.Flat Zone
6.Green Greens
7.Hyrule Temple
8.Rainbow Cruise
9.Icicle Mountain
10.Mute City
11.Big Blue
12.Poke Floats
13. Yoshi 64

All players must aggree on the desired stage if manually picked. If a stage cannot between the players, a coin toss will initiate.
No stage can be played twice in a row, but can be played more then once in a set. Example...
1.FD
2.DK64
3.FD
The player that lost the previous round may pick the next stage, so long as it isn't on the banned list.

Controllers

BYOC! Can't stress this enough, if you don't have a controller, sorry; you can't play.
Any controllers found to be modified (short-hop mod, L-cancel mod, etc.) are banned. Staff may randomly inspect your controller for these modifications. If you're caught with one, YOU WILL BE BANNED!!
Controllers with Turbo or Program buttons are allowed, so long as you don't use their features. If you are caught using one of these features, you will immediatley have the round you were in as a loss and won't have the option of using that controller. Attempting to use Turbo or Program again and get caught... YOU WILL BE BANNED

Other things you need to follow

Any unneccessary pausing in the match will result in the loss of that round, not the set.
Any glitches or tricks that freeze the game (Freeze Glitch, Soul Stunner, etc.) will not be allowed. Doing so... YOU WILL BE BANNED!
Tactics such as Wallbombing and Rising Pound are more then welcomed enough to use as means of recovery. However, using tactics such as these to stall time will result in the cut of one stock.

Prices

Teams: $15 per player
Singles: $20 per player

Prizes?

Singles prizes are as followed...
First Place: 50%
Second Place: 30%
Third Place: 10%
The remaining 10% will go to staff for their generous help.

Doubles prizes are as followed...
First Place: 25% per team member.
Second Place: 15% per team member
Third Place: 5% per team member
The remaining 10% will go to staff for their generous help.

Location/Time

Tournament will now be held on January 20, 2007. I apologize for the delay. But I still need funds for renting out the room we will be participating in. Also, ZP Tournament is on the 13th and more people will be going to that probably. More competition and players means more prize money and fun. In the end, everyone wins (no pun intended). Again, sorry for the inconveniance.
10:30 - Meet & Greet (yayz:) ), Pay, Warmup.
12:00 or 12:30 - Beginning of Doubles Tournament
?? - Singles Tournament, after Doubles
^^ Let's try to get Singles done before 6:00, but still not official time for it

Again, no true address location. All I know is that the address # is 7845 and it is at the intersection of Santa Barbra BLVD and Radio Road

Food

mmmm...food...
Food will not be sold at the tournament itself.
HOWEVER!! Food galore outside my hood. There's a Publix, Subway, Starbucks, Jasmine's Chinese, Beef O Bradeys right across the street! Probably a 2 minute ride max.

INVENTORY
Seriously, my own supplies are pretty pathetic. Please bring supplies if you can. Tell me if you're bringing stuff please so I can balance out the count.
One (1) Gamecube
One (1) Wii
Two (2) Memory Cards with all characters and stages
One (1) Copy of SSBM
Three (3) possible four (4) TV's

People Attending
Unsung Master
QDVS
Dew Da Dash
SheikSSBM
RockCrock
Uber Ice
Exorcist

Feel free to contact me for additional info
PM: Unsung Master
AIM: fenderocka
Email: monkeylosebalance@yahoo.com
Email: fenderocka@aol.com

Wait! Not done yet!

EXTRA INFO

You listening, cause this is very important, do it please? USE SOME GODDAM SOAP AND DEODERANT! I swear to god, last tournament I was at I pretty much suffocated on BO. Don't humiliate yourself and ruin the moment. Take a shower please?

There is a pool right behind where the tournament is. Feel free to bring a swimsuit if you want. Pool is closed after sunset if tournament lasts this long...

To put it simply, I live in a horrid senior community. Having said that, noise level and respect are obviously issues to them. Don't scream out random stuff (outside or in), and don't do huge cannonballs or whatever at the pool.

Clubhouse closes at ten pm. If a tournament victor isn't decided by this time, the moment will be dealt with if the time comes.

shiekssbm

Smash Ace
Sounds good, lol there hasn't been a tourney in Naples since Dew's tourney. Pretty sure Dew, ******, and I can go.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I know exactly what you mean sheik, that's half the reason I made plans for this tournament. If I can't find any smashers, I guess they'll have to find me :laugh:

So are you asking Dew and ******? Or are they already confirmed? Just trying to get the guests straight...

shiekssbm

Smash Ace
I know exactly what you mean sheik, that's half the reason I made plans for this tournament. If I can't find any smashers, I guess they'll have to find me :laugh:

So are you asking Dew and ******? Or are they already confirmed? Just trying to get the guests straight...
Yeah ****** is my brother and dew is my cousin so they're confirmed, I'll be taking both of them.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I don't think I can make it, I'm going to a nub tourney in Ft. Myers this day, why don't you make this later into the winter break? So more people can come?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
So far I like the date :). Its also pretty close :chuckle: I never knew you lived in Naples Unsung Master, why didn't you tell us so we could smash lol.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
So far I like the date :). Its also pretty close :chuckle: I never knew you lived in Naples Unsung Master, why didn't you tell us so we could smash lol.
I don't know, Naples just sounds like a boring location to put on my profile :p But yes, I live in Naples and I'm listed in the FL Thread also.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
ShizWiz, my tournament is on the 13th of January. And MD, I'll put prices up asap. Apologies for forgetting about them :)

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Sorry for the double post, just announcing that I've updated the first post with new information finally. Also, I need to confirm the following members via pm or post please...

JUST A PIECE OF MEAT!
Metal Doc
Bundefined

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Pfft, finally another tourney. I'll bring my Peach along =P

Expect a PM or IM from me soon.

SNs: ASeaOfBloodyPee & SpandexLicker

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Ban news guys; yesterday we had a burglary, and alot of their stuff was stolen. So, maximum security over at the clubhouse right now, and they won't let me host the tournament till god knows how long :mad: and I can't host it at my house. So I'm in a bit of a bug right now. Tournament is closed until further notice :(

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
I asked for a day out of work already....

**sigh** I'm pretty screwed then unless the reschedule date is soon.

So.....dissapointed....

Top Bottom