• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shmooguy's guide to Fox

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Wow **** you guys, I was like 10 years old when I wrote this **** LOL

My combos were too good though. I mean, I was the best at my school and all.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
uhm, sorry, but Fox's throw can be teched out of.

meaning, they can roll away before you down+b or anything.

here's some other stuff, Cali style.

Use his dash dance and fox trot a lot, so you can dash grab and attack out of the blue.

Use dash forward + tapjump + downb, then jump immediately backward. It's pretty cool.

Aerial down + a + LCancel + DownB does damage too.

If you're going to throw down, dash forward and charge the up-smash, and follow wherever they roll to. When they get up, release the smash.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Not too bad for a first try :) Course it could have been much better but also could have been much worse.

MorninThunda

Smash Apprentice
I actually think this is pretty good. I dont think rushing any one would work unless you are playing against a newb. Yeh and fox throw down can be teched Another thing I think is that Fox's side smash is better than his down smash. I barely use his down smash. Another think about fox is his reflector is a good spike but is hard to learn when starting to try it..

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
You can wavedash out of reflector. Practice it, it just takes good timing. You can string together nasty combos doing that. Also use his tilts. Up and down tilts are powerful, but his foward tilt is probably the fastest tilt in the game. And one-two punch then reflector or down tilt is a good combo. And get good with L-Canceling down aerial. You can do reflector,down tilt, or up tilt and it's a combo. And his up throw is better than his down unless your playing against a n00b, it's better for comboing.

stilettotrap

Smash Ace
Not bad for the time, but it doesn't go deep enough into shines and whatnot for today's metagame. It's not really the author's fault, though. One can't really predict these things...

Slayer Link

Smash Journeyman
A good guide but indeed, it needs a lot of work. I will add it to my collection but try to go deeper into advanced techniques like shines and stuff.

EDIT: Sry thought this was a new guide but it was from last year and I already added it to my collection.

VarietyBarrage

Smash Journeyman
I think that if two equal masters played each other, the Fox would end up winning, but it would definitely be close. Falco is a good choice for a character, but he is one notch lower than Fox in the tier lists.
I think it is the other way around. falco has easy combos on fox and better priority. falco also has alot of ways to easily edgeguard fox. the down- air is very hard to get around. and lasers stop foward b from helping.

Moves are better. What I mean by this, is, for example, Falco’s reflector is better, because it sets up for juggling
its generally considered that fox's shine is better because of its priority.

stilettotrap

Smash Ace
Oh, yeah. Amount of knockback is different as well. But CauthonLuck, are you sure about Falco's having less range? It's easier for Fox to space himself for the shine, but I don't think it actually has better range. Might need to check, though... guess it's time for training mode again...

CauthonLuck

Smash Journeyman
heh, I haven't measured the frames or anything, but I've played countless Fox/Falco matches and it's pretty clear from experience that Fox's shine connects from further away.

Shadows

Smash Journeyman
Jump+dair+L-cancel+Reflector+Jump Repeat.

Short hop+dair+L-cancel+Reflector+Wavedash towards opponet repeat but without the Short hop dair L-cancel

Reflector+Wavedash towards opponet+repeat.

Mecha71

Smash Rookie
anyone know a place with a good fox vid with good use of shines? ive yet to find one and i want to learn how its done.

AWrulez

Smash Journeyman
I just tested it. Using where their front foot is as an indicator for distance, Fox's beats out Falco's.

Shadows

Smash Journeyman
Fourside, Peach's Castle, Pokemon staduim(not forever), and Onet are the best places for Fox's Infinete

And as for Flat side infinites, Final Def. Is the best place.

Knivez

Smash Ace
OMG where can i buy this guide?

The amount of information is unrivaled by any other guide.

I remember reading this guide and then ****** silent wolf. Only i didn't read it.

Knivez

Smash Ace
When he came to my apt.

That kid adores me.

i used the following strategy : NEVER FORGET TO ROLL AND DODGE LIKE A MONKEY!

and obviously fox has "better stats" than falco.

I think his HP and mana restore are higher.

Knivez

Smash Ace
LOL, why dont you read what variety barrage said? thats the fox that counts.

Besides u gotta stop getting 3 stocked.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
4. Combos
You will have to use your own judgement on how much percentage is needed before you can do these combos. Most of the time, they work best at 0%. You can also use your blaster to get them to come to you. Also, these are definitely not all of his combos, I just can’t remember them all, and

+Grab-down throw-tilt down a-tilt down a-tilt up a-tilt up a-up smash
You may have to adjust the number of tilts depending on the character. Also, on some characters, the tilt down might hit them forward, so use a short jump to forward a instead.

+Forward B-dash a-smash forward-dash a-then keep using tilt forward a or jump and use up a or forward a.

+Grab-down throw-reflector-wavedash-up smash
Only works on heavier characters.

+Forward B-dash a-smash up

+Dash a-arial back a-dash a-tilt up a-smash up

+Grab-down throw-tilt down a-smash down
DUDE, these combos are omfghaxzor leet. I was playing Mew2King the other day and he couldn't touch me in Fox dittos with these combos.

Shmooguy is wwaaaayyy too good, I'm surpised he isn't ranked #1 Fox.
CunningKitsune must be jealous of such a grand Fox guide. His is like, 1000x longer but no where as good.

Top Bottom