• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shipping

Spartan64

Smash Journeyman
A few days ago i went to gamestop to reserve brawl and asked if they were having a midnight release. They said no and that they wont get it on Febuary 10th because it will be shipped on Febuary 10th. Is this true fore all places? If i preorderd it would it it on the first day? Does anyone know any stores that will have it on the first day in the suburbs of chicago? help!

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
The suburbs is a very vague description. Are you in the Northern Chicago area at all?

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
A few days ago i went to gamestop to reserve brawl and asked if they were having a midnight release. They said no and that they wont get it on Febuary 10th because it will be shipped on Febuary 10th. Is this true fore all places? If i preorderd it would it it on the first day? Does anyone know any stores that will have it on the first day in the suburbs of chicago? help!
your gamestop is owning you

Shuma

Smash Hero
Shipping date and release date is not the same, if the shipping date is Feb 10th, then you will probably not get Brawl until Feb 12-14.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
your gamestop sucks. mine said that if they get enough preorders they will. and they said that they will. so woohooo

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
my gamestop also will not have a midnight realease, do you think walmart will be getting any in.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
i just called gamestop and they said it will be ready that sunday morning at 10 AM wich is the usual open time, but he also said that they might schedule a midnight release so it would be 12 AM if they do that

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
Your Gamestop is either lying to you or the guy didn't check his dates. I work at an EB Games, and for the entire chain Brawl is streetdated, not shipdated for February 10th. All stores are getting it before February 10th, barring some bizzare anomaly.

kingjoekur

Smash Apprentice
Your Gamestop is either lying to you or the guy didn't check his dates. I work at an EB Games, and for the entire chain Brawl is streetdated, not shipdated for February 10th. All stores are getting it before February 10th, barring some bizzare anomaly.
this post makes me very happy

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
Yeah me too, you'd think that if Guitar Hero 3 got a midnight release then Brawl should get one too..
Guitar Hero apeals to people who aren't real gamers aswell as gamers, so its natural it would get a lot of pre-orders.

Son't get me wrong, Brawl will appel to people who aren't real gamers too, but not on as large as a scale as Guitar Hero.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Brawl is street dated, not ship dated. And my GameStop already said they were doing a midnight release. Your gamestop = fail.

Ryuujiin

Smash Apprentice
I work at Gamestop and I know it all depends on how many reserves we get. The more reserves we get, the more extra copies and the better chance we receive our shipment early so it can be sold on the release date. Like for Mass Effect we got our shipment a week early. Midnight launches depend on the popularity of the game and usually doesn't happen. Halo 3 got a midnight launch because it's so popular and because we got like over 200 reserves for it. And considering it's another 10 mins to the next Gamestop that's a frickin lot.

Considering it's a pretty popular game for the Wii and Gamestop's been advertising it (you get a bonus if you trade in games and put credit toward a reserve for Brawl and recently the cover of our release binder is of Brawl and only Brawl), I'd guess we'll get our shipment early so we can sell it at launch. If not then it'll come in the next day as soon as we get our shipment. For my store that's anywhere between 11-1 in the afternoon.

Hope that helps. ^_^

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
What suburb are you in?

The suburbs is a very vague description. Are you in the Northern Chicago area at all?
I am, are you? lol

Top Bottom