• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiny Pokemon in brawl!? (Nope just some Gulping Glitch o_O)

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
So today I was watching spectator matches when all of a sudden a Shiny Gulpin comes out (It's blue), how rare is that, is it the same as all pokemon games or more/less? o_o

Also has anyone else seen any other Shiny pokemon in brawl yet?

I was quite surprised to see it. :)

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
It was spectator mode, so I wasn't really expecting anything to happen, I didn't have any sort of filming device around me, and I couldn't record spectator mode matches though the Wii's own SSBB replay saving thing.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
I really doubt what you saw was a shiny pokemon. I'm not calling you a liar, but rather I think you viewed it wrong. Take my word for it: there are no shiny pokemon in Brawl. Period. What you say was probably either a visual effect mixed with Gulpin or it was your TV momentarily screwing up.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
I know what I saw, >.> It was the only thing that had a colour change.

Someone else in these boards probably has seen a shiny too and can help me out with proof...

EDIT: ALSO I didn't even know what Colour a shiny Gulpin was, I immediately went to check Serebii.net to check if it was also blue and yes it is. So this is why I am even more confident in believing what I saw.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
I know what I saw, >.> It was the only thing that had a colour change.
Someone else in these boards probably has seen a shiny too and can help me out with proof...
Okay, if what you saw really was a shiny pokemon, perhaps you'd be willing to share a few details on it, just for curiosity's sake.

1) Was it just a hue shift or was it almost a completely different color?
2) Did the "shiny" gulpin behave differently compared to normal gulpins?
3) What stage was this played on?
4) How much time was left? (Approximetly, I don't need an absolute answer)
5) Did the crowd react to it in a suprised manner?

Again, I'm not calling you a liar. I just want to know what happened because I've used more than 6,000 pokeballs in Brawl and I've yet to see a shiny pokemon of any type.

Gill

Smash Journeyman
I really doubt what you saw was a shiny pokemon. I'm not calling you a liar, but rather I think you viewed it wrong. Take my word for it: there are no shiny pokemon in Brawl. Period. What you say was probably either a visual effect mixed with Gulpin or it was your TV momentarily screwing up.
He's not calling you a liar.

But I am. LIAR!!!

I hope you're lying, because if they put shiny pokeball pokemon, but not black Charizard....

:mad:

Brainiac_man

Smash Journeyman
Again, I'm not calling you a liar. I just want to know what happened because I've used more than 6,000 pokeballs in Brawl and I've yet to see a shiny pokemon of any type.
Don't you mean
OVER 9000!!!!

But seriously, that's because the odds of finding a shiny is 1 in 8,192

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
1) Was it just a hue shift or was it almost a completely different color?
It's green part turned into Blue/Dark blue.
2) Did the "shiny" gulpin behave differently compared to normal gulpins?
I didn't take a look at the damage meter of the person that got eaten. (I was too busy staring into the shiny glupin. XD)
3) What stage was this played on?
It was on Spear Pillar.
4) How much time was left? (Approximetly, I don't need an absolute answer)
it had around 1 minute 20 secs left? around that. It took a bit for the match to finish after so I know it wasn't near the end.
5) Did the crowd react to it in a suprised manner?
I didn't pay attention to the crowd.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
well if it was on spear pillar it was likely due to diagla being on the stage as he makes the whole stage turn blue and its possible your tv could of somehow made the gulpin look that colour as well.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
My TV has never had problems before, the only thing I can think of is that you said Diagla turns the stage blue. When does he do this? o.o I pretty sure the stage wasn't slow mo or tilted...

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Did the Gulpin shine when it came out of the Pokeball? If not, I think it's the coloring of Spear Pillar since much of the background is blue...

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
I didn't see if it shined when it came out sorry. It was in spectator mode and I wasn't really think anything special would happen, so when it did come out the poke ball all I really did was stare at it.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
ya.... but IF (notice the if) your tv had some problem with the colour or the colour somehow faded on to the gulpin its possible tht it could have made your gulpin change colour( now why gulpin andnot the rest of the characters, i dont kow).

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
I'm not too sure about that...

Also thanks to that pic above I can tell around about where the gulpin came out.

In that white circle. (around that)

raydinneed

Smash Apprentice
I've seen completely green gulpins on that stage, with dialga out, so it's not the stage colour

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
So what we are really needing right now is a Picture of a shiny pokemon in brawl to say this is 100% true and I'm not crazy. If anyone has a picture post it here! =D

Maybe I'll see another shiny in the future when it's not in spectator mode. @_@

Mizar

Smash Ace
I don't believe this, although when you get the Dyoxis or something pokemon the crowd goes; OOOOOHH
Its very loud and you should've noticed it if it was really something rare.

BOTA

Smash Apprentice
i just sat at my tv for a good 15 minutes at 1.5 speed throwing pokeball after pokeball and only i found out is if you get a mewoth, chicrita, and staryu all at once, it does lots of damage :D

Brainiac_man

Smash Journeyman
The odds of finding a shiny is 1 in 8,192!!!

What makes you think you can easily come across one!?!?
I think it's real, but a rather rare occurrence however.

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
I have to kind of agree with the Topic Creator that maybe Sakuri did put more effort into things than we think - or at least as far as Pokemon goes. I saw a "shiny" Metagross a few times so I took a picture. Mind you, on Serebii.net a "shiny" Metagross is silver and gold, so it's totally possible it's just a lighting effect.

Anyway, below is a snapshot I took (and notice how metagross is the only thing affected by the lighting - lucas doesn't appear green at all) and what metagross looks like on the dojo.

Dojo Metagross:

My Metagross:

The mystery continues....

raydinneed

Smash Apprentice
I have to kind of agree with the Topic Creator that maybe Sakuri did put more effort into things than we think - or at least as far as Pokemon goes. I saw a "shiny" Metagross a few times so I took a picture. Mind you, on Serebii.net a "shiny" Metagross is silver and gold, so it's totally possible it's just a lighting effect.

Anyway, below is a snapshot I took (and notice how metagross is the only thing affected by the lighting - lucas doesn't appear green at all) and what metagross looks like on the dojo.

Dojo Metagross:

My Metagross:

The mystery continues....

smashville DOES have color changes at night, so nothing there

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Er this thing about 1 in 8,192 chance of finding a shiny. It might be different in Brawl, or even if it's not 1 in 8,192 still means it's not impossible and someone would of found one sooner or later.

JusticeWillPrevail

Smash Cadet
This would be really really cool if it is true since I'm a fan of the pokemon series. Oh and to the above post their stats are most of the time lower than a non shiny, well their IVs at least. But I'm not gonna start babbling on about all of that stuff lol. I'd really like to see a vid or pic to prove this.

Top Bottom