• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shino stall is back from melee and one more vanish thing!

ADHD

Smash Hero
The shino stall is back, and since it can KO it's more useful now--the only downpart is its so hard to do consistently since the ledge is magnetic. Keep experimenting with it noting to yourself that it takes trial and error and it takes time to get it at least once.

The other thing is that back in melee on certain stages, if you dashed towards the edge and pressed Up B holding down (never leaving the ground) right at the edge of the stage you would slide off and able to direct the vanish to the ledge and hang on --it varies on the timing of starting the vanish.

There are two lengths depending on the time you press up B.

1) You slide off the edge, shiek is about two or three feet horizontal from the ledge, and you can teleport right to the ledge and hang to edgehog. This is useful if an enemy is right at that spot and you can push him further back or KO, and then edgehog him or her to that person's death.

2) Idk if there is really a use for this, but you just slide and grab the edge immediately and the smoke can hit an enemy; if they were to go to that spot you could just hug to get a KO anyway... Maybe if there is a recovery being used that goes directly over where she smokes.

It might not be a shino stall but you just drop down while hanging teleport back up and instead of grabing the ledge immediately she just somkes directly touching it. Call me a noob if its not please lol

Micahc

Smash Ace
Yeah, the up-b edgehog is still in, and it's way easier to pull of consistently. Could you post vids of the Shino stall though? I thought Sheik couldn't sweetspot from above. IMO, ledge stalling lost a lot of use now that you can't let go of the ledge immediately anymore.

ADHD

Smash Hero
So you're just dropping down and using the Up B but you will grab the ledge just a hundred times before your able to get the sweetspot at least once :laugh:
Sorry I'm unable to post a video right now though

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Ledge stalling with sheik isn't as practical as it used to be. You can be knocked out of the shino stall by just about every character now. Also the second trick is called gliding. It's an old trick from melee that can be used to edge guard or for a flashy vanish KO. It's only practical for edgeguarding though and only on characters that rely on their horizontal recovery. i.e. DK, bowser. You can use it on characters like marth and GW that recovery from below but if you don't time it right you can get yourself wall spiked.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Fun techniques but not terribly useful. I haven't been able to get the Shino stall to work in brawl since you can't sweetspot from above but maybe I'm doing it wrong. Either way not wonderfully useful in brawl. Every once in a while I can pull of a kill with the gliding technique on stages with lots of platforms like Norfair but mostly just because it's unexpected (and who plays Norfair anyway?)

ADHD

Smash Hero
The timing for it is really weird, but I hold up right when I'm next to the edge and then quickly to the right or left, whatever direction the ledge is on. I cant work it up more than twice in a row, but it could be really useful for recoveries that you pay for edgehogging against (in example: marth's, wolf's). You cant really use it against tether recoveries though...

Top Bottom