• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shine Spiking Help

GoldenArwing

Smash Rookie
I consider myself a great smasher and can beat everyone I know. I can wave dash very well also. But their is several new tecniques that are new to me that I now must master (both involving the reflector). The shine spike.

I read the guides but could some one please explain it because i obviously am not doing it right.

Shuriken

Smash Apprentice
There really isn't much to it, you just jump off the ledge and shine them while they are recovering, jump cancel it and get back onto the stage. Most characters (with the exception of Samus, Jigglypuff and in some cases Ganondorf and a few others) will not be able to recover. And shine spiking isn't a new technique.

GoldenArwing

Smash Rookie
I meant new to me as i havnt been a member of SSB forum sites and this is my first one

*points to join date*

So wave dashing was one of the few tricks ive been exposed to.

I think I have it now. I just turened down the speed on training and slowly made it to normal time, it helped a lot.

The Realist

Smash Cadet
*Tricks*? You obviously aren't as good as you think you are if you just learned how to do a wavedash, and don't know any "advanced" techniques and moves.

Just listen to what was said above that's really all there is too it.

GoldenArwing

Smash Rookie
Mabey im not. But untill yesterday I'd never really seen pros play. (Youtube)
And ive known how to wave dash for a while.

Lets just put it this way im now realizing how much work and practice I need.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Hit with "the bottom hexagonal part" (said from somewhere, I dunno) and it works a little better, more like a spike, if you are below them, it will hit them up and out, still a problem if they wanna recover...

And no matter what the damage, it always hits the same character the same distance, incase you were wondering why a 999 damaged comp was not sent sailing..... ( I wondered that as a newb)

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Mabey im not. But untill yesterday I'd never really seen pros play. (Youtube)
And ive known how to wave dash for a while.

Lets just put it this way im now realizing how much work and practice I need.
Then you aren't as good as you thought...

Anyway, you don't have to jump off all the time. Sometimes, from the ledge is just fine. It's using the knockback of the reflector to push the opponent off the stage. Jiggly is close to impossible to shine, if you're playing a good one, so don't even try. Samus, Kirby, the one's that seem a bit harder, is a bit harder. >_> It can be done, not too hard after you get the hang of it and can slightly read where that opponent will go.

Top Bottom