• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shieldlock still works -- Nope it's still patched out

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Please disregard I was wrong.

I was looking at the formula (x/1.75) + 2 frames, which always had to round up to 3 for the shieldlock to work in the past and well if dataminers found it I got to thinking, perhaps we just needed to figure out an unknown variable.

TL;DR version, the angle you are pushed changed, the shield stun appears to be the same. The reason why people are falling out is because the Sphere was too small.

So here's my understanding on how this works:
Frame Your Shield is hit by Aura Sphere Charge
Shield Hitstun Frame 1
Shield Hitstun Frame 2
Shield Hitstun Frame 3
Frame your shield is hit by ASC again
Shield Hitstun Frame 1 and so forth

So remember that they changed the angle of Aura Sphere Charge, right? We need to really space this like right at the ledge where they get up then. I've noticed it is harder to Shield DI the opposing Lucario away. And I've been a Lucario main to always preach Shield DI, even in Brawl http://smashboards.com/threads/its-...the-future-when-he-preached-shield-di.297009/ so I hope I know what I'm talking about.

If you're a Lucario main on my Friends List check your replays.

I practiced different percents in Training Mode and tried it at the very edge at different percents... I was still getting shieldlocked regardless of whatever percent I was at if the Aura Sphere was big enough. I tried it even at 0% and Shield DIed towards the opposing Lucario and let go of the shield button when my shield was hit at 1/4 speed. Then while I was DIing towards the other Lucario I mashed all buttons and my shield still broke.

It is harder to push the opposing Lucario away with shield DI. It is because of the new angle Aura Sphere charge pushes the victim.

So...Aura Sphere has to be big enough for the opponent to not be pushed out of Aura Sphere charge's range. So realistically speaking this should start working if you perfectly space it (depending on the character) at around 80-100% ish. Probably even 60-70 if they panic and suck at Shield DI.

I did test this in Vs. Mode too just in case training mode had different properties other than no stale move negation (just in case) and the shieldlock always worked as long as the shield was in range of the Aura Sphere charge hitbox. Feel free to ask me for a replay.

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Ah crap I'm wrong... Sorry, everyone.

You have to input Sidestep or shield + Roll to get out of it.

ChikiLucario

Smash Cadet
It still sorta works in whittling their shield down

Or if they're clueless and don't do these things to get out of it and just try to drop their shield, they'll still have their shield broken. So it's not TOTALLY patched out, just idiot-proof.

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
I came here to see about this to cause, I was smashing my shield di like a machine and I died of the ledge.. I knew roll and side step didn't work so I didn't even try them. well the people who already knew how to get out of this, might get tricked since their answer they think is right, is now wrong lol.

Top Bottom