• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shielding technique question

n2okpride

Smash Rookie
u guys usually use the Left or Right trigger to shield...

i been using left and sometime i have trouble depressing all da way....

n2okpride

Smash Rookie
im just askin.... since im new 2 smash maybe theres something i dont kno........is it really hard to just answer a question instead of questioning the logic....

Spidah

Smash Apprentice
im just askin.... since im new 2 smash maybe theres something i dont kno........is it really hard to just answer a question instead of questioning the logic....
Train Train Train, try harder rocky ! Press that **** button, give it to him hard !

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
I've always used the right trigger O__o...

Rusty are you left handed?

molopo

Smash Rookie
I usually use a random trigger, but most of the time it's the right trigger. Although, my can almost always powershield when I use left trigger, but it's kind of 50/50 with my right hand trigger. o_o;

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I've always used the right trigger O__o...

Rusty are you left handed?
No. It just feels to cumbersome with all the button presses I'm already doing in my right hand that I leave shielding for the left. Been that way since smash64.

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
I use whichever finger is easiest to use at the time. Ever since I got into Armored Core, I've lost preference in which hand I use for shoulder button functions when I'm playing a videogame. I'd imagine that's a good thing.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
I dont even touch the right trigger, I've broken 2 controler's left triggers because of melee and wavedashing + l-canceling lol

WIN

Smash Cadet
I set my shield to both "A" and "B," so that I never EVER miss a shield.

I think that's probably the best way to do it...you should definitely try.

Top Bottom