• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield Stab Statistics

oddgloat

Smash Cadet
Has anyone ever compiled a list of statistics regarding shieldstabbing? For example, how many frames can you have your shield up before a particular move will stab? I've seen some pretty amazing posts on various stats so I figured that either someone has this information already or might be interested in testing it. I know m2k had a great stats post but I don't think there were any specifics on shieldstabbing. I also know it's dependent on a number of factors, but for simplicity lets say how long can Mario shield before a Marth f-smash will stab on a flat surface?

MarcBuckley

Smash Journeyman
does it not depend on what part of your body is sticking out of your shield
i know G&W's bair stabs through if his turtle touches any part of your body sticking out of your shield so i guess you might have until marios head is exposed for marths fsmash will stab through but melee has a much stronger shielding system than brawl so shouldn't be nearly impossible for such a situation to even arise u guess you have alonger time before your shield can be stabbed depending on what type of shielding you use i don't know it's just an inference :'( since marios feet and head are exposed first i guess marths crouching A has better chance of shield stabbing in the earlier frames of shielding

Ja

Smash Journeyman
If there is an exposed part you can *almost* always stab with an aerial. You will probably have to full jump it, but it works. You can practice shield stabbing the head by doing aerials on computers from as far above as possible so that the move still hits.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Sheild stabbing tactics are good in some situatin with character whos moves do not lag but the most important thing to do is to space yourself so you dont get shieldgrabbed or in foxes case L-cancel and shine at the right time. Sheildstabbing tactics are only really good with marth though imo.

they just grab you out of every possible attack somehow.
loool, computers only grab you when you shield, try it out, as soon as you shield a computer will try to grab you. You can trick them by shielding and then arigdodging though lol (mindgames)

game set

Smash Apprentice
a few(?) variables in sheild stabbing:

-The sheilds area of protection
-were your opponent is (not his animation, but were he can be hit)
-^the relationship between these two^
-the hitbox of your attack
-were you are in relation to opponent

most likely alot more than that, since this is melee.

Top Bottom