• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shield peircing pits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Ok I've looked in several places and its not added to the guides. Pit has many moves the pierce shield rather than breaking them. It may be common knowledge among some but it should help the others for learning pit better.

Being serious for pit for a change, pit has 4 moves normally that will pierce shield. We know N-air pierces it at like 40% shield.

Then side B Pierces does it at like 30 - 25%.

Actually also useful now, up tilt
pierces it like at 50-60%.

Finally up smash pierces it around 40-50%.

Knowing this, most of these moves
Can't easily be spot dodged or at all. This also makes pits damage racking game increase so much more.
Less smashes also which is good for killing. On a side note, pits pew pew arrows are still great for lowering shields.
If you manage to get a head shot or toe shot, that easily hits by the shield because it not a normal center body attack. Well I'm not a very much in depth info on stuff. So I need input and opinions.

I got carried away abusing this getting my opponents to over 200% without realizing.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
You just need attacks that hitboxs are at a position where the shield doesn't cover. At the feet or at the top.
Fair, Bair, Glair, are ones I normally hit people with when their shields are out. Also arrows can do the same.

I guess its good to know when some moves do but I dont think it would be benefitical to study sideB as that move is really situational.

@utilt. It should be able to pierce an almost full shield if you are in "jiggly's Rest position." SHADutilt, is really good to set this up.

@ your killing percent, thats much too late. You wanna kill your opponent at a percent no higher then 160.

I like turtles.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
ohh right, never looked into that..

sound pretty interesting though, it seems like most of pit's moves shield pierce.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
You just need attacks that hitboxs are at a position where the shield doesn't cover. At the feet or at the top.
Fair, Bair, Glair, are ones I normally hit people with when their shields are out. Also arrows can do the same.

I guess its good to know when some moves do but I dont think it would be benefitical to study sideB as that move is really situational.

@utilt. It should be able to pierce an almost full shield if you are in "jiggly's Rest position." SHADutilt, is really good to set this up.

@ your killing percent, thats much too late. You wanna kill your opponent at a percent no higher then 160.

I like turtles.

I named the main moves, that require less precision. If you look at the rest of the cast, they don't have similar abilities except like marth's d-tilt etc.

Most of these moves seemed almost useless and/or unsafe. If they are used for shield poking purposes, they are alot more useful. Most characters can't shield grab or be defensive from these attacks.

I was carried away getting them that high because, they couldn't do anything about it.
But it was fun, yet an easier way for me not to stale out my smash attacks.

Goal in this is to improve pits meta game for unavoidable hits.

Afropony

Smash Lord
You can't shield poke Yoshi but his shield is terribl;e and you can't use anything out of it so you're pretty much screwed if your opponent is near you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom