• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield confirmed for brawl.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Just because people keep saying because we haven't seen shields,
they may be cut.

sakurai on smashbros.com said:
If things get dangerous, press the shield button to stop controlling the missile.
Shield button, folks.

Got it memorized?

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
The shield was mentioned in the Mario FLUDD update. 'Mario can charge this move while in his shield' or something like that.

Spellman

Smash Ace
I'm sure "bubble sheilds" will be back, but it would be kind of cool for them to come up with unique sheilding techniques for each character, I mean they'd be the same effect obviously as the bubble sheild but they'd look different. (for example: yoshi's egg) An example of how they could use it on a character that's always used the bubble sheild is Peach hiding under the parasol as a shield, Super Paper Mario style. Maybe some sort of PSI/PK Barrier for Ness, and Bowser can hide in his shell. I understand that this could be very hard to figure out which characters could use what to sheild themselves though in most cases.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
different types of shields are seen in one of the trailers remember when MetaKnight Turns invisible and pit shot him it did nothing(but bounce off) i think that was a shield. Please correct me if i am wrong.This also means there may be custom, shields for each character

End Game

Smash Journeyman
different types of shields are seen in one of the trailers remember when MetaKnight Turns invisible and pit shot him it did nothing(but bounce off) i think that was a shield. Please correct me if i am wrong
Thats his down + B. Consider yourself corrected.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
different types of shields are seen in one of the trailers remember when MetaKnight Turns invisible and pit shot him it did nothing(but bounce off) i think that was a shield. Please correct me if i am wrong.This also means there may be custom, shields for each character

In an example they gave at the dojo, they said that meta knight has a move akin to marth's counter..

That might have been it, a shield that is hard to see (Read: not bright pink/green) might not be that fair.

Top Bottom