• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield break can be canceled?

Bacon&Eggs

Smash Cadet
A while ago I was playing a tournament match where I was Jiggs and my opponent was Peach, on Corneria. At one point my opponent managed to break my shield, but I didn't SD. I stayed on the ground with the missed tech animation playing, but I was still stunned and couldn't move. Has this ever happened before?

My guess right now is that the stage was moving up as the shield shattered so Jigglypuff "hit" the ground, but I don't think the stage can actually move that fast.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Did you bounce up a little bit like normal characters when your shield broke, or did you just fall straight to the ground?

BunBun

Smash Master
Jigglypuff's sheildbroken stance has the greatest sound effect ever. If it was really a shieldbreake, she should have spent at least like 3 seconds in this stagger state, making this noise.

Go break your shield on hyrule in the cave of immortality. You'll stick to the ceiling, and then fall into your stagger. Did it sound like that?

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Go to the gun part, light shield and tilt your shield down. Usually if the gun breaks your shield, you'll hear the shieldbreak sound but act like you crouch canceled a move (but you fall over like a missed tech). You don't go into the stagger animation or anything.

Bacon&Eggs

Smash Cadet
Recreate this. I want to see it.
I'll try but I can't remember exactly what move my opponent used to break the shield. I'll ask him next time I see him.

Did you bounce up a little bit like normal characters when your shield broke, or did you just fall straight to the ground?
Nope, Jigglypuff didn't leave the ground at all.

Go break your shield on hyrule in the cave of immortality. You'll stick to the ceiling, and then fall into your stagger. Did it sound like that?
Yeah, it was exactly like that.

Top Bottom