• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiek vs. Ike

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
Alright i know this match up is supposed to be an easy win but im having a little trouble. One, i cant aprouch him because alot of his moves have no start up lag and a HUGE hit box. Two, the person im fighting doesnt try anything fancy because hes not very skilled. And three, i make a lot of mistakes against slow characters because i dont fight them very often. Like i put up a shield against his side - b and he broke it and i was stunned at the side of fd he charged up a foward smash and annililated me at like 15% health.

Heres how ive been handling this, I use a lot of spot dodges which works a lot to my favor but they get predictable and he runs up and kindve fakes an attack then hits me hard. Also i was doing reversed sh bairs and hitting him alot but of/c that only works for so long.

So heres what i need from my fellow shiek players:
Aproach advice.
Info on how to embarass this ike. (when to punish HARD!)
Info on how to get around his huge hit box.

Thanks,
Ari

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
Sheik vs. Ike?

Quick Solution: Needles, needles, needles!!

Needle's force him to approach you. He'll most likely try to approachwith a SH-RAR-B.AIR, a spaced F-Air / N-Air, then auto-cancel it into a jab combo. Sheik's approaches aren't the best, and given Ike's range on his aerials and auto-cancelling them into a Jab-Combo, its best to lure him to you. Ike has nothing on your needles, harass him as much as you'd like. Needles also stop his Forward B :D Just be patient until he leaves an opening.

When he approaches, feel free to quickly retaliate with a grab/D-Smash/Jab-Cancel/F-Tilt. Just get him into an F-Tilt lock, and the rest becomes quick work. You'll have a frame advantage with these moves since they come out very quickly. Once he's off the stage, well timed edge-hogs and smart edge guarding should nab you easy kills. Ike is easy to gimp, especially with Sheik's gimping game. If you want to embarass Ike, just F-Tilt him silly and edge guard him with a Vanish Guard for simplicity and style.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
If you end up knocking Ike even a bit under the stage he will have to use that incredibly slow Aether move. Vanish him during that moment he is suspended in the air before coming down. Repeat. Ftilt to fair/nair to vanish guard works great here at higher percents.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
If the person your playing doesn't DI that well ftilt,ftilt,ftilt to up smash works wonders. constantly pressure him with needles...you have to dictate the pace of the match.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Hold on, let me quote myself...

Well Ike is quite slow and has no good approaches.

The only way an Ike can win is if he plays defensively, which Sheik can easily force them to become offensive by needle camping.

Basically if you camp with Sheik and strike when Ike makes a opening you can easily three stock even the best of Ikes.

Once I realize this I stop losing to Ike completely.
Nah, Ike has a lot of openings so you won’t be camping for very long.

Most of the times I throw like 2 needles before the try to reach me though the air.

Which Ikes always use either the nair or the fair.

If it's the nair, shield and wait for the AAA combo, side stepping the last part. If they cancel the AA into a grab book woop he threw you.

Ike is so fat he can't follow any of his throws and if he starts constantly AA into grab then just side step the grab.

If he does the Fair just side step it and punish him for using such a crappy attack.

There you go; if you follow this by the letter you should do extremely well against any Ike.

By the way if the Ike get's smart and start to approach by the ground only just charge up your needles and look out for the dash attack and even if he mind games you and you get grabbed laugh once again at how useless his grab really is as it doesn’t combo into anything and is impossible for Ike to follow it up in any way.

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
Alright so what you guys said helps a lot, im gonna have to get use to staying back and not being first to strike. I use my needles a LOT so thats not a problem. But im an aggressive shiek so i hate to not approach first.

Jab cancel is punch punch crouch right? then follow with ftilt or dsmash or usmash?

ps, this ike doesnt know anything about his char, he kindve just uses what he thinks will hit me without himself getting punished. He doesnt try to set up combos or anything. Everyonce in a while ill try to d-smash and he'll catch me with his sword and crush me. It either kills me or deals a million damage.

Kindve sad that against someone like fox i do better against then against ike

swypa101

Smash Apprentice
yeah your best idea would be to use projectiles or aerials

or you can try hit and runs

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
if he's at a low percent and has slow aerial movement you can fair him twice off the stage and because of his crappy recovery he'll die -_- works fine for me anyways...

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
if he's at a low percent and has slow aerial movement you can fair him twice off the stage and because of his crappy recovery he'll die -_- works fine for me anyways...
lol??

well thanks everyone now i can atleast keep 2 lives out of 3 when match is over instead of 1 and 90% damage lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
word of advice: approach him with shield.

what can he do? nothing. if he hits you, he's open. if he grabs you, what can he do? di away, take the throw, and approach him with shield again.

after you shield, take a hit, start the ftilting. sheik vs ike = utter ****

and whoever said needle is correct too. great in stopping his quickdraw

ADHD

Smash Hero
People will say needles, but you know it really doesn't get you far.

You have to tilt lock him, do everything to rack up damage, he dies with zelda's Usmash on FD at 130 something damage (assuming it's the first time being used(.

HW_Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
Dude losing to Ike is sad lol
I main him and Im aware of many Ike noobs and they r disgraceful. Sheik would **** Ike period :p

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Yup, well timed fireballs automatically breaks the opponent Ike's controller so that he can't move or dodge.

Top Bottom