• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHFFL help!

Dr Mario715

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I've started practicing SHFFLs on Training Mode and I'm getting alright at it, but now I know I need to start applying it in matches so I can actually use it to an extent. That's where the trouble comes, I can't :S

I don't have any humans to play against and I'm just wondering what set up would be best and how I would go about starting to apply what I've learned, if I can. Thanks;)
EDIT: Oh, and I play Doc (if you didn't guess :S)

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Well, to have the c stick available, your only choice would be the VS mode, against any number of computers. Its a bad way to train, but you just have to make do with what you have. Figure wich computer gives yo more trouble, and don't use cheap tactics against the AI, (like just waiting with a charged Fsmash) you wont learn anything that way. Just try to make combos on it, at least AIs are good at DI.

Marilink

Smash Journeyman
The best way I've been able to use shuffling is to Pillrush into a Shuffled F.air, and then if I can, combo that with any number of B.airs or U.airs I can fit into two jumps.

If you don't get anything I just said, refer to Cyphus's guide up top.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'm in the same situation, sort of; in that i have to practice by myself, so here's what i do for shffl'ing (it's pretty simple).

To practice by yourself, all you really need is 2 controllers. Go to vs mode, plug one in, and just let it sit there.

That way, you can run around shffl'ing as you need to.

If you want to practice shffl'ing into shield stun, turn stars on low. Hitting an invincible target is the same as hitting a shield, so you can practice shffl'ing shieldstun.

__

As for what ot actually PRACTICE. You outta be able to shffl all of your aerials. The least important, imo, would be the d.air. And it's not that it's useless, it's actually VERY useful; just compared to the other 4, you'll shffl it the least.

Dr Mario715

Smash Rookie
It means when you go to the options to change between stock matches, time etc. You go into Item Switch and put it on one of the setting, they are Very High, High, Normal (I think its normal) Low, Very Low. In this case he means low so you dont get annoyed too much by barrels.

Gea

Smash Master
There are other tricks to practicing alone, like putting motion sensor bombs by the edge and up +bing into them to learn how to edgetech.

Dr Mario715

Smash Rookie
There are other tricks to practicing alone, like putting motion sensor bombs by the edge and up +bing into them to learn how to edgetech.

o.O Never would have thought of that one. I'd try it but my controller is now officially f***ed, the control stick is completely wrecked. I have another controller but I dunno if it would be the same due to it's control stick is much more loose and sometimes the direction sticks :(

Top Bottom