• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shenanigans

mood4food77

Smash Hero
So with the help of Gates, he made my no attack team that I attempted to run into a legit, fun to use team. This team works for both Gen IV and Gen V and really frustrates opponents. So without further adieu, here is what the team looks like.

Forretress @ Shed Shell
Sturdy / Careful
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Rapid Spin
Toxic Spikes
Stealth Rock
Payback

For this team, Forrey is a great lead. He lures everything, fire attacks, special attacks, anything my team can handle. He can even take Spores if he wants to as he's really there to just put the team in the best possible position. Payback is there for Ghost switch-ins who attempt to spin block. Shed Shell is for Magnezone and for Shandera who try to trap me. Overall, he is the perfect lead for this team.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Sturdy / Careful
252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Roost
Brave Bird
Spikes
Whirlwind

The other part of my purely defensive duo. He creates the stall, setting up spikes and forcing switches. Shed Shell is there for the exact reason as it is for Forretress. Brave Bird is for Erufuun and other Mischievous Heart users. He creates the stall and really creates a great tandem with Forretress.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Natural Cure / Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Wish
Protect
Seismic Toss
Toxic

The final piece to my defensive core, so who else could be used except for the best Special wall in the game. As my pure defensive core lacks leftovers, she is necessary for healing them. It really helps with longevity for my entire team as they are either really defensive or have an awesome typing. She is the center piece of this team.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Levitate / Timid
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Substitute
Pain Split
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

Sub Split Gengar is an animal. He is needed to get past special walls as my team lacks a true physical attacker and his typing is great for my team, as he is the only Fighting resist my team has. This set was made for Gengar and it truly adds to the stall.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire / Timid
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse

The revenge killer of choice. His immunity for Fire really helps with the defensive core as 2 of them are weak to it. Dark Pulse also allows him to revenge kill non-scarfed ghosts. His power and his typing allow for many switch-ins. He completes the core of the team.

Politoad @ Leftovers
Drizzle / Calm
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Boil Over
Ice Beam
Rest
Toxic

Now, to fully complete the team, one needs to compete with weather this gen. How else to compete than to neutralize it? Politoad is only there to make sure SS teams don't ruin my day, especially with Garchomp and Doryuuzu present. He also adds another special wall to my team but Blissey does that job well enough on her own. Neutralizing SS is his main job.

This is one of my more fun teams to use, especially for a stall team. Any suggestions to help with this team? I feel like I could make Politoad more offensive or even put Golduck in that spot. What do you guys think?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Forretress and Skarmory may have Shed Shell, but that just makes them easier to take out with any old Pokemon.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
shandera hasn't been a problem and gengar has the strength to actually take out Roopushin, they haven't been big problems (i've actually had no trouble with shandera)

specially defensive nattorei with leech seed gives my team trouble once heatran and gengar are gone

and i've had no trouble with the lack of lefties on both skarm and forrey, wish bliss really takes care of that

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Golduck's ability is like Air Lock - It only stops weather when he's out.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
That said, Golduck can actually beat dorry.

Run a scarf politoed, it's awesome in all the wrong ways.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Politoed's Modest Specs Hydro Pump does less than Kyogre's Timid Specs Surf.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
that's why I think scarf would be better...

it changes weather, it could be fast enough to catch things by surprise, and you don't really need another special wall...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
When BW first came out, I used Scarf Espeon. It's pretty hard to sweep with such terrible type coverage (or stats, in Politoed's case), but revenge killing is pretty easy if you're fast enough.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
In Espeon's case, Specs is better than Scarf since Espy's speed is already so good she doesn't need the boost.

In Politoed's case, you need Scarf because Politoed is slow as ****.

Also, I like how you named this team Shenanigans when you have no actual shenanigans pokemon.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
scarf politoad should run what set?

Surf/Boil Over
Ice Beam
Focus Blast/Psychic
Hypnosis

?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
that's what i'm thinking, probably HP electric so i have some way to deal with gyarados

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You obviously know nothing about Gen V.

Shandera is a Fire/Ghost with SHADOW TAG. SHADOW. TAG. It mauls defensive steels, and Shed Shell is the only means of escape into a Pokemon it can't harm. Shed Shell is probably better than Leftovers on at least Skarmory now because of it.

Shed Shell is a good item, Spheal with it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
do you guys seriously play with item clause LMAO
Yes, we definitely play with Shed Shell as you can clearly see from the fact that two of his pokes have Shed Shell.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Just to clarify: Zef thought one of the pokemon had SHELL BELL rather than Shed shell, obviously shell bell is something you would only use under Item Clause making him think we used Item Clause.

Nobody better come in here and misunderstand :(

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Well there ARE times where Shell Bell is your best item.

Like using Lv.1 Sturdy Endeavor Aron.

Top Bottom