• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's wall clinging

demodemo

Smash Ace
I was playing with a friend today, and we were sort of ****ing around in delfino.

anyway, the transformation was the beach one, with the water on both sides. I don't quite remember how we got to this situation, but basically i was in the water, near the little island, and my friend used thunder on me while jumping into the water. the thunder connected, but instead of receiving any knockback, i was just wallclinging. (to the island wall)

i'm not sure what happened, whether i was wallclinging before contact, or if i was knocked into it. but i know for sure i got hit, i did not tech, and i did not receive any hitstun. i'm not even 100% sure if i was in the water or if i was just near it when i got hit. (game was over 3 minutes)

so i think the wallcling has some knockback nullifying abilities. can anyone explain what happened if not?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
even though you seem to be sure you didn't, all I can think of is that you teched>wallclinged

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
is it possible to wallcling straight out of a tech?
yes, why wouldn't it be?
and even if it isn't, tech>jump quickly>wallcling could've happened
as you were trying to dodge/DI and all

Top Bottom