• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's Vanish Tricks!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Since there seems to only be a video guide for this stuff, I figured I'd post up the things you can do so people stop posting new threads asking about "what's a Shino Stall?" and stuff.

JC Vanish - Up+B on the ground. Can cancel dashing. Pretty much useless except for the Vanish Edgehog.

Vanish Edgehog - JC Vanish while running at a ledge. Since your momentum is still carrying you forward, you'll cancel the grounded Vanish with an aerial one just off to the side of the ledge, at which point you can vanish to the ledge.

Vall3y Edgehog - Only done on Yoshi's Story (I think). Same is a Vanish Edgehog, but done from one of the two side platforms instead of the stage's ledge.

No-Vanish Ledgegrab - Just grabbing the ledge at the end of Sheik's third jump, before she vanishes.

Edge Sweetspot - Sweetspotting the ledge and immediately grabbing it, leaving no vulnerability time. This can only be done when Vanishing to the ledge from above. Be sure not to fast-fall past it when doing this (don't hold down on the controller once Sheik vanishes).

Shino Stall - Repeatedly ledgedropping into Vanishes above the ledge to sweetspot the ledge and stall with a combination of ledgegrab invincibility frames and Vanish invincibility frames. Again, don't fast-fall past the ledge when doing this (don't hold down on the controller once Sheik vanishes).

Double Vanish - Odd behavior of canceling the aerial Vanish animation into the grounded one. Done by aiming Sheik's third jump onto the ground before Vanishing. Creates two close-together Vanish explosions with the potential for dealing double damage (around 20%). Strange and mildly useless, though it can punish people for missing with laggy edgeguards.

Thanks to Shack's video for making me aware of most of the tricks here...
If you don't get some of the things I'm talking about, you can watch his video here.

soap

Smash Hero
try this out, you've got someone in their shield on the top platform of a three platform stage, you do a full jump uair into their shield, double jump into a second uair and if that didnt go through, up b and cancel it on the platform doing a double and almost definitely hitting them.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
note that the double vanish should NOT be used for any particular reason, it's just an ankoku thing... wait, why am i posting on the sheik boards?

dude it's raining

Smash Journeyman
Yo, I just discovered this. I just felt like doing a runoff vanish like you do to grab ledge, except I did it on a platform on BF, and it ledge canceled on the other end of the platform. I fiddled around with it, it's not too hard to ledge cancel it every time. It could make for some trippy mindgames, plus I feel like you could use it to make vanish's hitbox a lot more accesible, maybe use it to tech chase on a platform or something. I'd like to practice ledge canceling vanish on a different platform from the one I slid off or something. Make Sheik feel like mewtwo or something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom