• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's poke moves

Blad01

Smash Lord
So, i feel that Poke Moves (Moves that can touch a character who's shielding) can stand a great part in Sheik's playstyle. What do you usually use to poke a shield ?

I can see 3 moves that could be used as poke :

- DTilt
- Dash Attack
- Chain

I'm not sure about Dash Attack, but it seems that it works sometimes as a poke move with me, and that could be really useful.

For the poke moves on the head, we can use Fair, if the shield is not completely full.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i dtilt freaking all the time

after jab spamming... people shield a lot... but running in and grabbing is risky sometimes

so i dtilt after... if it shield pokes then i got a free possible follow up, and some free damage

if it doesnt, at least it's blocked

dtilt has greater range than jab and ftilt, so it's too good. situational but too good

dash attack is always too good. i always called it the MANLY RISK sheik move, cuz either you hit or you don't. but it is so fast that the opponent can't react to it

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
i know but theres no combos in barwl

like in smash you just use your good moves but space them. like derp derp back air is long.

but in a 2d game it takes on a whole different meaning, a meaning that is so specific in what it means that i dont think it applies to brawl

its like asking whats a good meaty move in smash

a. super armor
b. use the term tech chase

Top Bottom